Application Integration on Oracle Cloud
This Application Integration on Oracle Cloud training teaches you about leveraging Oracle ICS to create and configure connections and integrations for SaaS to SaaS, and SaaS to On-Premise integration use cases. This course is designed for business users and implementers who are responsible for defining and creating these integrations using the ICS dashboard or the ICS REST API.
- » Application Developers
- » Business Analysts
- » Developer
- » Support Engineer
- » Technical Consultant
- » Functional Implementer
- » Business Intelligence Developer
- » SOA Architect
Back to Top
- » Understand the steps for installing an on-premises agent
- » Describe ICS security support at the integration flow level
- » Use the ICS dashboard to get runtime data and metrics for connections and integrations
- » Monitor and manage runtime integration errors
- » Configure and use business identifiers for tracking fields
- » Perform basic management tasks using the ICS REST API
- » Define REST and SOAP adapter properties for integrating web services
- » Describe the ICS-supported message exchange patterns
- » Configure the Basic Map My Data 1-way and 2-way integration patterns
- » Define the Publish to ICS and Subscribe to ICS integration patterns
- » Create content-based routing filters and branches leveraging conditional expressions
- » Transform data with the ICS mapper, XPath functions, and ICS lookups
- » Describe how the agent framework implements connectivity for integrations
- » Understand ICS components, features, and capabilities
- » Create Packages and leverage pre-built integrations
- » Configure Trigger and invoke built-in ICS adapter properties
Back to Top
- ICS Overview
- Basic architecture & use case overview
- Understanding ICS components & capabilities
- Basic configuration workflow steps
- Creating Packages & Using Pre-built Integrations
- Describe and use a pre-built ICS Integration
- Create, export, and import packages
- Editing a pre-built ICS connection
- Versioning integrations
- Activating integrations
- Configuring Adapters and Defining Connections
- Understanding ICS built-in adapters
- Configuring Trigger and Invoke adapter properties
- Defining REST adapter properties
- Defining SOAP adapter properties
- Overview of available cloud adapters
- Defining and Configuring Integrations
- Describe the ICS-supported message exchange patterns
- Understanding the steps for creating an ICS integration
- Using the Basic Map My Data 1-way and 2-way integration pattern
- Using the Publish to ICS integration pattern
- Using the Subcribe to ICS integration pattern
- Overview of data mapping
- Using other connections to enrich the response
- Data Mapping and Lookups
- Transforming data with the ICS mapper
- Advanced mapping using XPath functions
- Understanding ICS data lookups
- Sharing information between applications using lookups
- Using the built-in lookup function
- Advanced Integrations and Orchestrations
- Understanding content-based routing
- Creating content-based routing filters and branches
- Creating conditional expressions
- Using the Orchestration integration pattern
- Agents for SaaS and On-Premises Integration
- Understand the benefits of using agents as compared to direct integration with on-premise applications
- Describe how the agent framework implements connectivity for integrations
- Understand the steps for installing an on-premises agent
- Create a connection to on-premises endpoints
- Describe the steps to perform an agent management task
- Security / Schedules / Additional Features
- Describe ICS security support at the integration flow level
- List the predefined roles and privileges in ICS
- Managing and assigning user roles
- Managing security cerficates
- Securing on-premises agents
- Using integration schedules and jobs
- Monitoring Integrations
- Understand the main tasks avaiable using the ICS monitor role in the ICS dashboard
- Using the ICS dashboard to get runtime data and metrics
- Understand how to filter and track messages
- Configure and use business identifiers for tracking fields
- Monitor and manage runtime integration errors
- Managing Integrations Using the ICS REST API
- Describe the ICS services that are exposed though REST APIs
- Access REST API resources
- Perform basic management tasks using the REST API
- Using HTTP status codes for troubleshooting
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Masters Degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University along with several IT certifications.
- IT Professional for over 30 years and Software Trainer since 1997.
- Engineer and developer for top Wall Street financial firms such as JP Morgan Chase.
Arthur has been an IT professional for over 30 years. After receiving his Bachelors in Computer Science from NYU, and Masters degree in Operations Research & Applied Mathematics from Columbia University, Arthur was recruited into the private IT sector. Upon starting his IT career path he quickly progressed into leadership roles as an engineer and developer for JP Morgan Chase.
With more than a decade of successful projects behind him, Arthur's love of academia brought him back to training, where he currently specializes in Java certification training and corporate software development. He holds numerous certifications including the Sun Certified Java Programmer, Sun Certified Web Component Developer, and Advanced PHP Programmer. His passion and aptitude for the subject matter is clearly evident both in and out of the classroom and NetCom Learning students rate him 8.6 out of 9.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science from Boston University along with several certifications.
- Over 25 years of experience in the IT field and expert in Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle ecosystems.
- More than 10 years working as a Software Engineer in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr has both breadth and in-depth knowledge of Unix, GNU/Linux, and Oracle with 25+ years of experience in operating system internals development, system administration, application development and project management on a wide variety of hardware and software platforms. As a Software Engineer, he developed and managed numerous projects in multinational companies such as Hewlett-Packard.
Finnbarr is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers as well as a Moderator at unix.com. He is also a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning and is well recognized by the students for his knowledge and his great teaching technique.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
Back to Top