Deploying Security in Cisco ACI v1.0 - DSACI
Deploying Security in Cisco ACI is an instructor-led, lab-based, hands-on course that describes the how to implement secure Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) operation, as well as how to integrate security services with the Cisco ACI Fabric.
You learn a brief overview of Cisco ACI architecture, including an examination of the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches for data centers. Also, you have the opportunity to discover how to implement security mechanisms in the operational infrastructure with the Cisco ACI environment. You also explore the process for provisioning security services in Cisco ACI, including external Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Adaptive Security Virtual Appliance (ASAv) instances, and Cisco Firepower capabilities. is an instructor-led, lab-based, hands-on course offered by Cisco Learning Services. The course describes the how to implement secure Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) operation, as well as how to integrate security services with the Cisco ACI Fabric.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure you are able to successfully deploy, configure, and maintain Cisco ACI security.
- » Data center engineers
- » Technical support personnel
- » Network engineers
- » Security specialists
Back to Top
- » Basic Cisco ACI architecture and operation
- » Tenant security
- » Security domains
- » Secure fabric operation
- » Authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) integration
- » Microsegmentation
- » L4–L7 service graphs
- » Function profiles
- » External ASA device integration
- » ASAv appliance integration
- » Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) integration
Back to Top
- Basics of Cisco ACI
- Cisco APIC Architecture and Operation
- Cisco ACI Logical Elements
- Security Built In to Cisco ACI
- Inherent Cisco ACI Security Mechanisms
- Securing the Cisco ACI Environment from Threats
- Security Services in Cisco ACI
- L4–L7 Services Key Concepts
- Security Appliances in Cisco ACI
- Deploying Cisco ASA in Cisco ACI
- Deploying Cisco ASAv in Cisco ACI
- Deploying Cisco FirePOWER NGIPS in Cisco AC
- Exploring the Cisco ACI Fabric
- Exploring the Cisco APIC
- Configuring Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) Terminal Access Controller Access Control System+ (TACACS+) Integration
- Configuring Cisco ACI L4L7 Service Insertion
- Configuring a Firewall High-Availability Pair
- Configuring and Inserting a Firewall High-Availability Pair in Routed Mode
- Configuring and Inserting an ASAv in Transparent Mode
- Configuring and Inserting a Virtual Cisco Firepower NGIPS in Inline Mode
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top