HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner - HCISPP
In this course, you will hone your knowledge and skills related to healthcare security and privacy, and also helps you prepare for the (ISC)2 HCISPP exam. HCISPPs provide the front-line defense in protecting health information.
As the healthcare industry faces increasing challenges to keeping personal health information protected, there is a growing need to ensure knowledgeable and credentialed security and privacy practitioners are in place to protect this sensitive information.
You will learn legal and regulatory requirements and security privacy concept principles regarding healthcare information. It is important to understand and know how organizations manage information risk through risk assessment practices and procedures.
- » Applications security professionals
- » Information risk owners
- » Clinical researchers
- » Compliance personnel
- » Health information management specialists
- » Risk analyst
- » Security operations personnel
- » Medical records supervisors
- » Wellness program directors
- » Individuals pursuing HCISPP® certification
Back to Top
- » Healthcare Industry
- » Regulatory Environment
- » Privacy and Security in Healthcare
- » Information Governance and Risk Management
- » Information Risk Assessment
- » Third Party Risk Management
Back to Top
- Domain 1: Healthcare Industry
- Understand the healthcare environment
- Understand third-party relationships
- Understand foundational health data management concepts
- Domain 2: Regulatory Environment
- Identify applicable regulations
- Understand international regulations and controls
- Compare internal practices against new policies and procedures
- Understand compliance frameworks
- Understand responses for risk-based decision
- Understand and comply with code of conduct/ethics in healthcare information
- Domain 3: Privacy and Security in HealthCare
- Understand security objectives/attributes
- Understand general security definitions/concepts
- Understand general privacy principles
- Understand the relationship between privacy and security
- Understand the disparate nature of sensitive data handling implications
- Domain 4: Information Governance and Risk Management
- Understand security and privacy governance
- Understand basic risk management methodology
- Understand information risk management life cycles
- Participate in risk management activities
- Domain 5: Information Risk Assessment
- Understand risk assessment
- Identify control assessment procedures from within organizational risk frameworks
- Participate in risk assessment consistent with role in organization
- Participate in efforts to remediate gaps
- Domain 6: Third-party Risk Management
- Understand the definition of third parties in healthcare context
- Maintain a list of third-party organizations
- Determine when third-party assessment is required
- Support third-party assessments and audits
- Respond to notifications of security/privacy events
- Support establishment of third-party connectivity
- Promote awareness of the third-party requirements (internally and externally)
- Participate in remediation efforts
- Respond to third-party requests regarding privacy/security event
Back to Top
- » HCISPP : HealthCare Information Security and Privacy Practitioner
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Academic and corporate trainer with over 2000 hours of instruction delivered on security awareness, CISSP, Security+, Safety, core Microsoft courses, MS Exchange and MS ISA server.
- Conducted over 200 security reviews in support of financial audits, policy reviews and network vulnerability assessments.
- Bachelors Degree in Security Management with a Concentration in Information Security from American Military University along with CISSP, CAP and several CompTIA, Microsoft, ISACA certifications.
Donald is a security professional with a wide range of experience from physical security to a concentration in information security. He is the Information Systems & Security Director for a consulting firm. His clients include local municipalities, non-profits, corporations and federal government agencies, specializing in a wide array of compliance programs and security assessments such as PCI DSS, FISMA, COBIT and ISO17799.
Donald is also a trainer and speaker on security topics and has served on various advisory committees and as a subject matter expert in information technology and security. He has over 15 years of experience in the security field as well as more than 2000 hours of instruction delivered on security awareness, CISSP, Security+, Safety, core Microsoft courses and MS ISA server. In addition to that, Donald is the President and Chairmen for the Brentwood Veterans Memorial Building and Commandant for the Delta Diablo Det. 1155 Marine Corps League.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Over 32 years of experience as well as 18 certifications, including Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft.
- Strong background, with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us.
- Specialist in applying process and finding solutions to solve them in addition to training people in the skills to manage the process and meet goals.
Jayson is a talented and valued Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 32 years of IT experience. Along with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us, he holds several IT certifications. He is a CCDA, CCNA, Security+ certified, MCDBA, and MCSE to name a few.
Jayson's focus is on finding solutions to problems and applying process to solve them. He instructs professionals in the skills to manage the process and meet goals, which makes him a respected trainer at NetCom Learning.
- More than 14 years of experience as a Security Subject Matter Expert as well as black belt in a variety of martial arts.
- Numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command.
- Much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Larry is a unique instructor and IT security expert. If you sit in one of his classes you might get the feeling of being in a martial arts class - That's exactly how Larry wants it! "The principles behind IT security are the same as those in a variety of martial arts," Larry says. In addition to teaching IT security for over 14 years, he has practiced martial arts since he was 13 years old and holds black belts in multiple disciplines including Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kick Boxing. "All of these techniques are like tools for different types of attacks," Larry explains.
Larry's excellence in certification training and passion for IT security has earned him numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command. He is also a much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
- Owner of ELearning Development company that focuses on design, security education services and development.
- Globally recognized instructor of engineers and executives from the private sector, civilian government, and DoD.
- Consultant experience focusing on security architecture, instructional design, curriculum development, and training delivery.
Hackmeyer has a bachelor's and master's degree from Florida State University. "Hack", as he likes to be called, is currently the owner of thesecurity education services company CyberCrocodile. For nearly 6 years, CyberCrocodile has focused on delivering live instructional courses focused on CISSP, Security+ and customized vendor specific security solutions.
Prior to forming CyberCrocodile, Hack spent nearly a decade as a security systems engineer for companies such as: Intermedia Communications, Riptech, Symantec, and Websense. John has experience in architecting security solutions for govern- ment agencies, DoD and global fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Hackmeyer is also the creator of popular and effective educational methodology Conceptual Linking.
Back to Top