Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) Prep Course
Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) Prep Course, you will gain foundational knowledge on concepts of privacy and data protection laws and practice. You will learn common principles and approaches to privacy as well as understand the major privacy models employed around the globe. An introduction to information security concepts and information security management and governance will be covered including frameworks, controls, and identity and access management. You will also learn about online privacy as it relates to using personal information on websites and other internet-related technologies.
You will learn how to create a privacy program at an organizational level, develop and implement a framework, and establish metrics to measure program effectiveness. In an interactive format applying practices to a real-world scenario, you will review privacy program practices through the privacy life cycle: assess, protect, sustain and respond.
- Authorized courseware
- Exam voucher
- IAPP Membership
- » Individuals who need an understanding of practices in managing information privacy and data protection and those interested in pursuing CIPM certification
Back to Top
- » Fundamentals of Information Privacy
- » Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- » Jurisdictions and Industries
- » Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- » Online Privacy: Using Personal Information and Websites and Other Internet-Related Technologies
- » Privacy Program Governance
- » Privacy Operational Life Cycle
Back to Top
- Fundamentals of Information Privacy
- Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- Modern History of Privacy
- Types of Information
- Risk Management Overview
- Modern Privacy Principles
- Jurisdictions and Industries
- Major Privacy Models around the Globe
- Privacy Regulation by Jurisdictions
- Privacy Regulation by Industry Sectors
- Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- Information Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Information Security Management and Governance
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Online Privacy: Using Personal Information and Websites and Other Internet-Related Technologies
- Privacy Considerations for Sensitive Online Information
- Authentication Identification
- Data Collection
- Additional Online Privacy
- Children's Online Privacy
- Online Data Collection
- Online Marketing and Advertising
- Social Media
- Online Assurance
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Devices
- Privacy Program Governance
- Create a Privacy Program
- Company Vision
- Alignment to the Business
- Structure a Privacy Team
- Develop and Implement a Framework
- Organizational Privacy Policies
- Standards and Guidelines
- Establish Metrics to Measure Program Effectiveness
- Define Program Activities
- Define Program Metrics
- Privacy Operational Life Cycle
- Document Privacy Baseline
- Data Processors and Third Party Vendor Assessments
- Physical Assessments
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestures
- Privacy Threshold Analysis
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Information Security Practices
- Privacy by Design
- Integrating Privacy Requirements Across the Organization
- Auditing a Privacy Program
- Creating Awareness
- Compliance Monitoring
- Handling Information Requests
- Handling Privacy Incidents
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top