Certified Information Privacy Professional Canada (CIPP/C)
In this CIPP/C course, you will gain foundational knowledge on concepts of privacy and data protection laws and practice. You will learn common principles and approaches to privacy as well as understand the major privacy models employed around the globe. An introduction to information security concepts and information security management and governance will be covered including frameworks, controls, and identity and access management. You will also learn about online privacy as it relates to using personal information on websites and other Internet-related technologies.
You will gain an introduction to the Canadian legal system and statues related to privacy in the private sector. Key concepts and practices related to the collection, retention, use, disclosure, and disposal of personal information by federal, provincial and territorial governments will be discussed. You will also learn about compliance practices related to private, public, and health-sectors.
- Authorized courseware
- Exam voucher
- IAPP Membership
- » Individuals who need a foundational understanding of information privacy and data protection
- » Anyone interested in pursuing CIPP/C certification
Back to Top
- » Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- » Jurisdictions and Industries
- » Information Security:Safeguarding Personal Information
- » Online Privacy: Using Personal Information and Websites and other Internet-Related Technologies
- » US Privacy Laws
- » US Government Privacy Practices
Back to Top
- Fundamentals of Information Privacy:
- Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- Modern History of Privacy
- Types of Information
- Risk Management Overview
- Modern Privacy Principles
- Jurisdictions and Industries
- Major Privacy Models around the Globe
- Privacy Regulation by Jurisdictions
- Privacy Regulation by Industry Sectors
- Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- Information Security
- Information Security Management and Governance
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Online Privacy: Using Personal Information and Websites and Other Internet-Related Technologies
- Privacy Considerations for Sensitive Online Information
- Authentication Identification
- Data Collection
- Additional Online Privacy
- Children's Online Privacy
- Online Data Collection
- Online Marketing and Advertising
- Social Media
- Online Assurance
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Devices
- Canadian Privacy:
- Canadian Legal Framework
- Canadian Legal System
- Enforcement Agencies
- Privacy Basics
- Canadian Private-Sector Privacy Laws
- Canadian Statutes
- The Personal Information and Electronic Documents Act of 2001 (PIPEDA)
- Provincial Laws
- Canadian Public-Sector Privacy Laws
- Collection, Retention, Use, Disclosure, and Disposal of Personal Information by Federal, Provincial, and Territorial Governments
- Health Information Privacy Laws
- Applicability and Purpose
- Private-Sector Compliance Practices
- Generally Accepted Privacy Principals
- Security Breach Notification
- Compliance Track Records
- Federal Commissioner Findings
- Public-Sector Compliance Practices
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Data Sharing Agreements
- Digital Information Exchange Challenges
- Non-Legislative Considerations
- Health-Sector Compliance Practices
- Digital Compliance Issues
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top