EC-Council Certified Security Specialist (ECSS)
EC-Council Certified Security Specialist (ECSS) is an entry level security program covering the fundamental concepts of information security, computer forensics, and network security. It enables students to identify information security threats which reflect on the security posture of the organization and implement general security controls.
This program will give a holistic overview of the key components of information security, computer forensics, and network security. This program provides a solid fundamental knowledge required for a career in information security.
- » ECSS is designed for anyone who want to enhance their skills and make career in information security, network security, and computer forensics fields.
Back to Top
- » Key issues plaguing the information security, network security, and computer forensics
- » Fundamentals of networks and various components of the OSI and TCP/IP model
- » Various network security protocols
- » Various types of information security threats and attacks, and their countermeasures
- » Social engineering techniques, identify theft, and social engineering countermeasures
- » Different stages of hacking cycle
- » Identification, authentication, and authorization concepts
- » Different types of cryptography ciphers, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptography attacks, and cryptanalysis tools
- » Fundamentals of firewall, techniques for bypassing firewall, and firewall technologies such as Bastion Host, DMZ, Proxy Servers, Network Address Translation, Virtual Private Network, and Honeypot
- » Fundamentals of IDS and IDS evasion techniques
- » Data backup techniques and VPN security
- » Wireless Encryption, wireless threats, wireless hacking tools, and Wi-Fi security
- » Different types of web server and web application attacks, and countermeasures
- » Fundamentals of ethical hacking and pen testing
Back to Top
- Information Security Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Secure Network Protocols
- Information Security Threats and Attacks
- Social Engineering
- Hacking Cycle
- Identification, Authentication, and Authorization
- Intrusion Detection System
- Data Backup
- Virtual Private Network
- Wireless Network Security
- Web Security
- Ethical Hacking and Pen Testing
- Incident Response
- Computer Forensics Fundamentals
- Digital Evidence
- Understanding File Systems
- Windows Forensics
- Network Forensics and Investigating Network Traffic
- Analyzing Logs
- E-mail Crime and Computer Forensics
- Writing Investigative Report
Back to Top
- » ECSS : EC-Council's Certified Security Specialist (ECSS)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- More than 14 years of experience as a Security Subject Matter Expert as well as black belt in a variety of martial arts.
- Numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command.
- Much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Larry is a unique instructor and IT security expert. If you sit in one of his classes you might get the feeling of being in a martial arts class - That's exactly how Larry wants it! "The principles behind IT security are the same as those in a variety of martial arts," Larry says. In addition to teaching IT security for over 14 years, he has practiced martial arts since he was 13 years old and holds black belts in multiple disciplines including Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kick Boxing. "All of these techniques are like tools for different types of attacks," Larry explains.
Larry's excellence in certification training and passion for IT security has earned him numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command. He is also a much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Back to Top