CXD-310 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Advanced Administration
CXD-310 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Advanced Administration course is designed for students with previous experience with XenApp and XenDesktop pursuing to further their expertise with additional components and concepts. This course is ideal for students interested in getting more value out of their XenApp and XenDesktop investment through the use of Workspace Environment Management, Provisioning Services, Application Layering, and advanced troubleshooting tools. Students will also focus on additional use cases leveraging FMA zones and advanced StoreFront configurations to provide a more robust experience to a mobile workforce.
Students will learn the skills required to be more efficient with XenApp and XenDesktop and be able to leverage more functionality through additional components. A deeper understanding of troubleshooting tools will help student be self-sufficient with solving issues and identifying root cause. Through Workspace Environment Management students will learn to improve logon times, user personalization, and resource performance to provide a better experience while minimizing resource requirements. Using App Layering students will learn to more optimize management of applications and images by combining layers to support end users.
Students will install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Provisioning Services. The course will focus on leading practices, design considerations, and optimizations in setting up Provisioning Services for optimal resource consumption and performance.
- » Experienced IT professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects responsible for the end user workspace, provisioning services environment, and overall health and performance.
Back to Top
- » Configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- » Understand FMA Zones and how to account for user and desktop locations and optimal connection and registration
- » Configure and manage App Layering with XenApp and XenDesktop
- » Understand and configure HDX channels and protocols for improved performance delivering multimedia and data over network connections.
- » Understand user connection flows and tools to better troubleshoot end user issues
- » Understand Provisioning Services architecture
- » Install and configure Provisioning Services for use with XenApp and XenDesktop
- » Manage vDisks, Target Devices, and data with Provisioning Services
Back to Top
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Introduction to WEM
- Installation and configuration
- Intermediate FlexCast Management Architecture (FMA)
- FMA Services
- SQL database connectivity and security
- Zones in FMA
- The Virtual Desktop Agent (VDA)
- VDA registration in a multi zone environment
- VDA connection security
- Workspace Environment Management VDA agent
- App Layering
- App Layering architecture
- Configuring and assigning app layers
- Managing app layers
- User Environment
- Optimizing session machines with WEM
- Zone Preference
- User Profile Management with WEM
- StoreFront Optimization and Routing
- User experience optimizations
- Optimal Gateway routing and Zones
- Subscription Store
- HDX and Multimedia
- Enlightened Data Protocol (EDT)
- HDX virtual channel architecture
- Multimedia delivery and redirection
- Delivering Skype for Business with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Supporting and Troubleshooting
- User connection issues
- Always on tracing
- Troubleshooting tools
- Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services
- Getting started with Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
- Provisioning Services Infrastructure
- The PVS server role
- The Farm database
- The vDisk Store
- Streaming the vDisk
- Introduction to vDisks
- Machine preparation
- Streaming vDisks
- Boot methods
- Target Devices
- Introduction to target devices
- Data I/O
- Handling persistent and non-persistent data
- Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Device Collections
- Published Apps and Desktops
- Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Provisioning Services Redundancy
- Farm component redundancy
- Store redundancy
- Database redundancy
- Supporting Provisioning Services
- Performing updates
- Auditing and support
- vDisk imagining
- Migrating vDisk images
Back to Top
- » 1Y0-301 : Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions exam
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Citrix expert with an extensive number of Citrix certifications such as CCI, CCA, CCAA, and MCSA to name a few.
- Strong experience with system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia.
- First certified in 1974 in Electronics Design and since then working in the IT field.
Jessy is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) as well as a Citrix Certified Instructor (CCI) working in the IT field since 1974, with a focus on integration and training. He holds more than 9 Citrix certifications, making him a true Citrix expert, and sharing the NetCom Learning values of becoming a lifelong learner.
Jessy has a strong background in system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources. He has worked for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia and now focuses on Citrix training, where he recognized as one of the top trainers in Citrix technology and certifications.
Back to Top
2 reasons. I would tell people to work directly with Bill Dolan. He's a true professional that knows this space well and encourages us to do more business with Netcom. Secondly the technical expertise for most class is above par compared to the staff at other training facilties. I recently took and MS Exchange class with Hisham and gained a great deal of knowledge that will help me. Hisham offered much more than the core curriculum.
» CXA-206-1: Citrix XenApp 6.5 Basic Administration
More testimonials »
Back to Top