ITIL® Foundation Certification Prep
The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) Foundation certification training course from NetCom Learning provides an insight into the fundamentals of the globally adopted framework for IT Service Management. The ITIL Foundation courses focus on basic concepts of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and how it influences IT Service Management across private and public organizations.
Conducted via ITIL® Foundation training online and instructor-led media, the course delivers an introduction to the five core elements of IT Service Management processes. The candidates learn about aligning IT goals with business objectives, along with improving the overall quality of operation and reducing operational costs.
Learners are provided with real-world projects, assessments, and presentations to prepare competently for their ITIL Foundation certification exam. The program explains the key concepts and principles of the ITIL Service Management model, providing comprehensive coverage of the knowledge required for this entry-level qualification.
NetCom is an Accredited Training Affiliate in partnership with ITPreneurs.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- You will receive a course study book including case studies and sample exam questions
- You should acquire and read the ITIL Service Design core publication, which you should read as part of personal study
- Review your ITIL Foundation course materials
- Facilitated Training
- ITIL Foundation Certificate Exam
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
The ITIL Foundation exam can be taken in any of the following three ways:
- On the last day of the course, in-class exam
- In the comfort of your home and at any time, after the course completion via PeopleCert (online)
- At your convenience, at an eligible testing center
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Number of Questions: 40
- Pass Score: 26/40 or 65%
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes
- Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Foundation certificate, the participants earn two credits toward their ITIL Expert certification
ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
- » IT Consultants
- » IT Managers
- » IT Support Teams
- » Process Owners
- » Service Delivery Professionals
- » Quality Analysts
- » System Administrators / Analysts
- » Database Administrators
- » Development Team / Application Management Team
- » Senior Operational and Technical Staff
- » IT professionals looking to understand and leverage ITIL concepts, as well as understand the differences from previous ITIL® versions
Back to Top
- » Basic understanding of IT environment
- » Basic working experience in IT Services is recommended
- » ITIL awareness is preferred, not mandatory
Back to Top
- » Understand the ITIL Framework, Service Management best practices, process components, key principles, terminologies, and goals
- » Understand the objectives and purpose of core elements of Service Design, Service Strategy, Service Operations, Service Transition, and Continual Service Improvement
- » Understand how to apply lean principles and enhance efficiency of ITSM processes
- » Learn about using different ITIL techniques and tools
- » Learn to optimize business operations by leveraging ITIL concepts
Back to Top
- Service management as a practice
- Describe the concept of best practices in the public domain
- Describe and explain why ITIL is successful
- Define and explain the concept of a service
- Define and explain the concept of internal and external customers
- Define and explain the concept of internal and external services
- Define and explain the concept of service management
- Define and explain the concept of IT service management
- Define and explain the concept of stakeholders in service management
- Define processes and functions
- Explain the process model and the characteristics of processes
- The ITIL service lifecycle
- Describe the structure of the ITIL service lifecycle
- Account for the purpose, objectives and scope of service strategy
- Briefly explain what value service strategy provides to the business
- Account for the purpose, objectives and scope of service design
- Briefly explain what value service design provides to the business
- Account for the purpose, objectives and scope of service transition
- Briefly explain what value service transition provides to the business
- Account for the purpose, objectives and scope of service operation
- Briefly explain what value service operation provides to the business
- Account for the main purpose, objectives and scope of continual service improvement
- Briefly explain what value continual service improvement provides to the business
- Generic concepts and definitions
- Utility and warranty
- Assets, resources and capabilities
- Service portfolio
- Service catalogue (both two-view and three-view types)
- Business case
- Risk management
- Service provider
- Service level agreement (SLA)
- Operational level agreement (OLA)
- Underpinning contract
- Service knowledge management system (SKMS)
- Configuration item (CI)
- Configuration management system
- Definitive media library (DML)
- Change types (standard, emergency and normal)
- Impact, urgency and priority
- Service request
- Known error
- Known error database (KEDB)
- The role of communication in service operation
- Release policy
- Types of services
- Change proposals
- CSI register
- Patterns of business activity
- Customers and users
- The Deming Cycle (plan, do, check, act)
- Key principles and models
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Continual service Improvement
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
- Explain the role, objectives and organizational structures for
- State the role and objectives
- Account for the role and the responsibilities of the: Process owner, Process manager, Process practitioner, Service owner
- Recognize the responsible, accountable, consulted, informed (RACI)responsibility model and explain its role in determining organizational structure.
- Technology and architecture
- Understand how service automation assists with expediting service management processes
Back to Top
- » ITIL FNDN Exam PU Voucher : ITIL Foundation exam taken at home, with online proctor
- » ITIL FNDN Exam Onsite Voucher : ITIL Foundation exam proctored by NetCom for private sessions only
- » ITIL FNDN Exam VUE Voucher : ITIL Foundation exam taken at a local VUE test center
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
Back to Top