Responsive Web Design with HTML 5 and CSS3
Accessing web is not limited to your computer screens anymore. From mobile devices to tablets to even TV screens, there's never been such a diverse range of screen sizes ever before. Web applications or web pages built using responsive design techniques allow websites to be displayed beautifully on any screen size. Responsive Web Design With HTML5 and CSS3 training will help developers and designers create responsive web pages so that it perfectly fits content according to the display device.
- » Understanding the key features of HTML5 for designing web pages
- » Integrating CSS3 media queries into design to allow different styles with different media devices
- » Making content fluid - to allow for flexibility with a wide range of devices
- » Avoiding the se of image and Using CSS3 instead for creation of text shadows, background gradients, box shadows etc.
- » Utilizing CSS3 3D transformations and key frames to animate elements
- » Implementing smooth transitions from/to default and hover state by using timing functions
- » Using HTML5 to create forms by adding features such as data validation and range sliders, date pickers etc.
Back to Top
- 1 Getting Started with HTML5, CSS3 and Responsive Web Design
- Why smart phones are important
- Are there times when a responsive deign isnt the right choice?
- Defining of responsive web design
- Example of responsive web design
- Get your viewport testing tools here!
- HTML5 and why its so good
- New, semantically meaningful HTML5 tag elements
- CSS3 enables responsive designs and more
- How can CSS3 solve everyday design problems?
- Can HTML5 and CSS3 work for us today?
- 2 Media Queries: Sporting Differing Viewports
- You can use media queries today
- Why responsive designs need media queries?
- Media query syntax
- What can media queries test for?
- Using media queries to alter our design
- The best way to load media queries for responsive designs
- Our first responsive design
- Responsive designs- making images as economical as possible
- Content clipping in smaller viewports
- Stopping modern mobile browsers from auto-resizing the page
- Fixing the design for different viewport widths
- Media queries-only part of the solution
- We need a fluid layout
- 3 Embracing Fluid Layouts
- Why proportional layouts are essential for responsive designs
- Amending a design from fixed to proportional layout
- A formula to remember
- Setting a context for proportional elements
- Using ems rather than pixels for typography
- Fluid images
- Making images scale with the viewport
- Serving different images for different screen sizes
- Where fluid grids and media queries come together
- CSS Grid systems
- Rapidly building our site with a Grid systemResponsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3
- 4 HTML5 for Responsive Designs
- What parts of HTML5 can we use today?
- How to write HTML5 pages
- A sensible approach to HTML5 markup
- New semantic elements in HTML5
- The semantic elements in HTML5
- The HTML5 outline algorithm
- Practical usage of HTML5 structure elements
- What about the main content of the site?
- HTML5 text-level semantics
- Applying text-level semantic to our markup
- Embedding media in HTML5
- Adding video and audio the HTML5 way
- Fallback for older browsers
- Responsive Video
- Offline Web Applications
- Understanding the manifest file
- Viewing the site offline
- 5 CSS3: Selectors, Typography, and Color Modes
- What CSS3 offers the frontend developer
- Using CSS3 to design and develop pages in the browser
- Anatomy of a CSS rule
- Vendor prefixes and how to use them
- Quick and useful CSS3 tricks
- CSS3 multiple columns for responsive designs
- New CSS3 selectors and how to use them
- CSS3 attributes selectors
- CSS3 substring matching attributes selectors
- A practical, real world example
- CSS3 structural pseudo-classes
- Custom web typography and font rules
- New CSS3 color formats and alpha transparency
- Alpha Channels
- 6 Stunning Aesthetics with CSS3
- Text shadows with CSS3
- Color Properties
- Pixels, em, or rem
- Shadow Properties
- Gradient Properties
- Responsive considerations for CSS3Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3
- Bring CSS3 properties together
- Background Images Properties
- Sizeable icons which are perfect for responsive designs
- 7 CSS3 Transitions, Transformations, and Animations
- What CSS3 transitions are and how we can use them
- The properties of a transition
- Understanding timing functions
- Transform Properties
- Breaking down the 3D effect
- Animating with CSS3
- Putting CSS3 transformations and animations together
- 8 Conquer Forms with HTML5 and CSS3
- HTML5 forms
- Understanding the component parts of HTML5 forms
- HTML5 input types & new elements
- Styling HTML5 forms with CSS3
- Form-specific CSS3 pseudo class selectors
- 9 Solving Cross-browser Responsive Challenges
- Progressive enhancement versus graceful degradation
- Modernizr-the frontend developers Swiss army knife
- Fix styling issues with Modernizr
- Modernizr adds HTML5 element support for old IE
- Add min/max media query capability for Internet Explorer 6,7, and 8
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science and several academic projects published over the years.
- Over 20 years of experience as a professor in local and foreign universities, and as a trainer focusing on Web Development.
- In-depth knowledge of programming, including MySQL, PHP, and AJAX.
Hisham holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science, in addition to having more than 20 years of experience as a professor and a trainer. His proven expertise, including a position as a Professor of the Department of Computer Science at Minia University Egypt, and a Professor of the Department of Computer Science at City University of New York, in MySQL, PHP, and AJAX is beyond comparison.
As a NetCom Learning instructor, Hisham stays up to date with the latest news in Advanced Website Development. He shares his knowledge and experience in a very focused and clear way, which students find very enticing.
J Tom K.
- Software Developer and sought-after Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 30 years of hands-on experience.
- Expert in Microsoft technologies: .NET Framework, C#, VB .NET, ASP .NET, XML Web Services, ADO .NET, SQL Server, SharePoint Portal Server, Content Management Server, Commerce Server, BizTalk, MSMQ, COM+, COM Migration to .NET and PocketPC development.
- Extremely knowledgeable and rated as excellent by NetCom Learning students.
Tom Kinser is an accomplished Software Developer and sought-after Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Tom is also an expert in successfully designing software, managing and training programmers for over 30 years.
Tom specializes in helping businesses, enterprises, and government agencies apply current technologies to solve their unique business problems. He accomplishes this via hands-on training in cutting-edge programming and database design techniques. Tom consistently delivers successful training engagements in both classroom and live-online settings and is rated as excellent by NetCom Learning students.
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
- More than 14 years of experience as a Security Subject Matter Expert as well as black belt in a variety of martial arts.
- Numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command.
- Much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Larry is a unique instructor and IT security expert. If you sit in one of his classes you might get the feeling of being in a martial arts class - That's exactly how Larry wants it! "The principles behind IT security are the same as those in a variety of martial arts," Larry says. In addition to teaching IT security for over 14 years, he has practiced martial arts since he was 13 years old and holds black belts in multiple disciplines including Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kick Boxing. "All of these techniques are like tools for different types of attacks," Larry explains.
Larry's excellence in certification training and passion for IT security has earned him numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command. He is also a much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Microsoft Office Specialist with over 14 years of training experience.
- Expert in the IT industry, working in the IT field since 1986.
- Highly rated instructor with an all-time average evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Paul is Subject Matter Expert specializing in the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint end-user technologies with more than 25 years of practical experience in the IT industry. He is also a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 14 years of training experience.
A sought-after instructor and eternal favorite among students, his instructor feedback scores are among the industry's highest at 8.7 out of 9.0. As a trainer, his knowledge and passion for the subject matter as well as his personable nature, excellent communications skills and sense of humor are implicit in every class. NetCom Learning is proud to have Paul on our roster of IT geniuses.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Over 20 years experience in the IT industry.
- CEH and Microsoft training for many government agencies, including the United States Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- CEH and Microsoft training for Fortune corporations such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
Richard is a premier Microsoft Certified Trainer and Certified EC-Council Instructor. He has over 20 years of experience as a network administrator, security consultant, vulnerability assessor, and penetration tester for assorted Fortune companies.
Richard??s knowledge on the development and implementation of policies and procedures concerning the security of network data is unsurpassed. He has conducted successful CEH and Microsoft training classes for many government agencies including the United States Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, as well as Fortune enterprises such as Merrill Lynch and ADP.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University. He has a great skill set in analyzing data, specifically using Python and a variety of modules and libraries. He hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of the Python programming language and its ability to analyze data, as well as present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. He is the creator of some of most popular Python Udemy courses including "Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization" and "The Complete Python Bootcamp". With almost 30,000 enrollments Jose has been able to teach Python and its Data Science libraries to thousands of students. Jose is also a published author, having recently written "NumPy Succintly" for Syncfusion's series of e-books.
Back to Top