AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Fundamentals
The AutoCAD Civil 3D 2016 Fundamentals course is designed for Civil Engineers and Surveyors who want to take advantage of AutoCAD Civil 3D software’s interactive, dynamic design functionality. The AutoCAD Civil 3D software permits the rapid development of alternatives through its model-based design tools. You will learn techniques enabling you to organize project data, work with points, create and analyze surfaces, model road corridors, create parcel layouts, perform grading and volume calculation tasks, and layout pipe networks.
- » Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD-based products (such as Autodesk Land Desktop) and a sound understanding and knowledge of civil engineering terminology. Downloads
Back to Top
- » Learn the AutoCAD Civil 3D user interface
- » Create and edit parcels and print parcel reports
- » Create points and point groups and work with survey figures
- » Create, edit, view, and analyze surfaces
- » Create and edit alignments
- » Create data shortcuts
- » Create sites, profiles, and cross-sections
- » Create assemblies, corridors, and intersections
- » Create grading solutions
- » Create gravity fed and pressure pipe networks
- » Perform quantity takeoff and volume calculations
- » Use plan production tools to create plan and profile sheets
Back to Top
- The AutoCAD Civil 3D Interface
- Product Overview
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Workspaces
- AutoCAD Civil 3D User Interface
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Toolspace
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Panorama
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Templates, Settings, and Styles
- Project Management
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Projects
- Sharing Data
- Using Data Shortcuts for Project Management
- Lines and Curves
- Introduction to Parcels
- Creating and Editing Parcels by Layout Overview
- Creating and Editing Parcels
- Renumbering Parcels
- Parcel Reports
- Parcel Labels
- Parcel Tables
- Survey Workflow Overview
- Survey Figures
- Points Overview
- Point Settings
- Creating Points
- Description Key Sets
- Importing Survey Data
- Point Groups
- Reviewing and Editing Points
- Point Reports
- Surface Process
- Surface Properties
- Contour Data
- Other Surface Data
- Breaklines and Boundaries
- Surface Editing
- Surface Analysis Tools
- Surface Labels
- Surface Volume Calculations
- Surface Analysis Display
- Point Cloud Surface Extraction
- Roadway Design Overview
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Sites
- Introduction to Alignments
- Alignments Layout Tools
- Alignment Properties
- Labels and Tables
- Profiles Overview
- Create a Profile View Style
- Create Profiles from Surface
- Create Profile View Wizard
- Finished Ground Profiles
- Create and Edit Profiles
- Assembly Overview
- Modifying Assemblies
- Creating a Corridor
- Corridor Properties
- Designing Intersections
- Corridor Surfaces
- Corridor Section Review and Edit
- Corridor Visualization
- Grading Overview
- Feature Lines
- Grading Tools
- Modifying AutoCAD Civil 3D Grading
- Pipe Networks
- Pipes Overview
- Pipes Configuration
- Creating Networks from Objects
- The Network Layout Toolbar
- Network Editing
- Annotating Pipe Networks
- Pressure Pipe Networks
- Quantity Take Off/Sections
- Sample Line Groups
- Section Volume Calculations
- Pay Items
- Section Views
- Plan Production
- Plan Production Tools
- Plan Production Objects
- Plan Production Object Edits
- Creating Sheets
- Sheet Sets
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
Back to Top