Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation v6.1 - DCVAI (Professional)
Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation (DCVAI) v6.1, course that is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on the implementation and deployment automation of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Cisco Nexus switches. The course provides rich, hands-on experience in building a data center solution based on Cisco ACI. Learners are introduced to the automation capabilities offered by Python and RESTful APIs in combination with Cisco ACI and Cisco Nexus switches.
Exam Number: 300-170 DCVAI
Associated Certifications: CCNP Data Center
Duration: 90 minutes (60-70 questions)
Exam Registration: Pearson VUE
- » Systems and field engineers
- » Consulting systems engineers
- » Technical solutions architects
- » Cisco integrators and partners who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 Series switches and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series fabric extenders
- » Data center engineers and managers
- » Program managers
- » Project managers
Back to Top
- » Implement infrastructure virtualization solutions, such as VDC, VRFs, Cisco Nexus 1000v, and Cisco AVS
- » Identify programmability methods and program Cisco Nexus switches using XML, Python, and NXAPI
- » Implement a Cisco ACI solution that provides fabric connectivity to bare-metal hosts, virtual machines, and external Layer 2 and Layer 3 domains
- » Integrate Cisco ACI with virtual machine managers, such as VMware vCenter
- » Enforce application policies in intra- and intertenant scenarios
- » Deploy Cisco AVS and microsegmentation
- » Program Cisco ACI using Python, RESTful APIs, and Arya
- » Orchestrate Cisco ACI using the Cisco UCS Director
- » Insert L4-L7 services into the Cisco ACI fabric
- » Monitor Cisco ACI deployment using atomic counters and other monitoring tools
Back to Top
- Infrastructure Virtualization Implementation
- Configuring Logical Device Separation
- Configuring Virtual Switching Technologies
- NX-OS Configuration Automation
- Implementing Configuration Programmability
- Implementing Configuration Profiles
- Using Scripting Tools
- Application-Centric Infrastructure
- Describing Cisco ACI Fabric
- Describing Management
- Describing Cisco ACI Fabric Access Policies
- ACI Constructs
- Describing Tenant-Based Policies
- Describing VMM Domain Integration
- Describing Contracts Within an Application Profile
- Application-Centric Infrastructure Monitoring and Programmability
- Configuring Monitoring
- Configuring Security Domains and Role Mapping
- Describing Cisco ACI Programmability
- Cisco ACI Enhanced Features
- Implementing Inter-Tenant Communication
- Describing vPC
- Deploying Cisco AVS
- Application-Centric Infrastructure Networking
- Describing Packet Flow Internal to the ACI Fabric
- Describing External Layer 3 Network Integration
- Describing External Layer 2 Network Integration
- Configuring Service Insertion and Redirection
- Lab: Implement Cisco NX-OS Configuration Automation
- Lab: Discover and Initialize the ACI Fabric
- Lab: Implement Cisco ACI Fabric Connectivity for Bare-Metal Hosts
- Lab: Implement Cisco ACI Fabric Connectivity for VMs
- Lab: Implement Application Policies
- Lab: Monitor Traffic with Atomic Counters
- Lab: Implement Inter-Tenant Connectivity
- Lab: Program Cisco APIC Using Python and Arya
- Lab: Implement vPC to Hypervisors
- Lab: Deploy Cisco AVS and Microsegmentation
- Lab: Enable Connectivity to External Layer 3 Networks
- Lab: Enable Connectivity to External Layer 2 Networks
- Lab: Provision Cisco ACI Using Cisco UCS Director
- Lab: Deploy Service Graph ASA NGFW
Back to Top
- » 300-170 : Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation v6.0 - DCVAI
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
I would recommend NetCom Learning because the training is first class. The material is explained thoroughly with real world scenarios as well. The instructors are currently in the field so they are speaking from current experience.
- Jay C.
» Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v5.0 - DCUCI (Professional)
More testimonials »
Back to Top