Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v6.1 - DCUCI (Professional)
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) v6.1 is a course that is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP® Data Center certification and for professional level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and UCS C-Series Rack Servers for use in data centers. The extensively hands-on course covers configuring and managing Cisco UCS servers using unified I/O networking for LAN and SAN connectivity, virtualizing server hardware identifiers to enable rapid recovery of server operating system images, automating UCS deployments using UCS Central Software and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC) Supervisor, configuring fault tolerance, implementing rolebased access control (RBAC), backing up and restoring system configurations, and using the monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco IMC.
Exam Number: 300-175 DCUCI
Associated Certifications: CCNP Data Center
Duration: 90 minutes (60-70 questions)
Exam Registration: Pearson VUE
- » Channel Partners
- » Customers
- » Employees
- » Entry-level to experienced Network Administrator
- » Senior Network Engineer
- » Presales Engineer
- » Design Engineer
- » Data Center Administrator
- » Senior Systems Engineer
- » Senior Technical Solutions Architect
Back to Top
- » Install the UCS B-Series system out of the box and deploy service profiles using pooled identities and service profile templates
- » Configure the UCS B-Series system for deployments using iSCSI and configure B- and C-Series systems for deployments using Fibre Channel for regular data access and booting
- » Configure and implement security mechanisms such as RBAC with Organizations and Locales, LDAP integration, trusted points, and key rings
- » Configure and implement monitoring with syslog and Call Home
- » Manage UCS Manager domains with UCS Central, manage multiple C-Series servers with Cisco IMC Supervisor, and interact with the UCS Manager XML API
Back to Top
- Cisco Unified Computing System Implementation
- Describing Cisco UCS Server Form Factors
- Describing Cisco Unified Computing System Connectivity
- Configuring Identity Abstraction
- Configuring Service Profile Templates
- SAN Storage Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Implementing iSCSI
- Implementing Fibre Channel Port Channels
- Implementing FCoE
- Security Implementation for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Implementing Role-Based Access Control
- Implementing External Authentication Providers
- Implementing Key Management
- Operations and Maintenance for Cisco Unified Computing System
- Implementing Cisco UCS Firmware Updates
- Implementing Cisco UCS Backups
- Implementing Monitoring
- Cisco Unified Computing System Automation
- Implementing Cisco UCS Central
- Implementing Cisco UCS Director
- Comparing Scripting Options for Cisco UCS Manager
- Lab: Access the Remote Lab Environment
- Lab: Provision Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect
- Lab: Configure Server and Uplink Ports
- Lab: Configure VLANs
- Lab: Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Hardware Identities
- Lab: Configure Basic Identity Pools
- Lab: Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Pools
- Lab: Configure a Service Profile Template
- Lab: Configure an iSCSI Service Profile
- Lab: Configure Pod-Specific Device Aliases
- Lab: Configure Zoning
- Lab: Configure VSANs in Cisco UCS Manager
- Lab: Configure Unified Ports on UCS Fabric Interconnects
- Lab: Install and Boot VMware ESXi on Cisco UCS C-Series Servers from SAN LUN
- Lab: Install and Boot VMware ESXi on Cisco UCS B-Series Servers from SAN LUN
- Lab: Configure Organizations and Locales
- Lab: Configure Job-Specific Roles
- Lab: Configure Cisco UCS Manager to Authenticate Users with Microsoft Active Directory
- Lab: Configure a Trusted Point and KeyRing in Cisco UCS Manager
- Lab: Perform Backup and Restore Activities
- Lab: Implement Syslog
- Lab: Deploy and Use Cisco UCS Central
- Lab: Deploy and Use Cisco IMC Supervisor
- Lab: Configure Cisco UCS Manager with XML API and Cisco UCS PowerTools
Back to Top
- » 300-175 : Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v6.0 - DCUCI
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
I would recommend NetCom Learning because the training is first class. The material is explained thoroughly with real world scenarios as well. The instructors are currently in the field so they are speaking from current experience.
- Jay C.
» Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing v5.0 - DCUCI (Professional)
More testimonials »
Back to Top