Implementing Cisco IP Routing v2.0 - ROUTE (Professional)
ROUTE v2.0, course, includes major updates and follows an updated blueprint. (However, note that this course does not cover all items listed on the blueprint.) Some older topics have been removed or simplified, while several new IPv6 routing topics have been added. The course content has been adapted to Cisco IOS Software Release 15 and technically updated.
The goal of the course is to build upon the knowledge and skills from CCNA Routing and Switching and help you expand competencies to plan, implement, and monitor a scalable routing network.
Exam Number - 300-101
Duration - 120 minutes (45 - 55 questions)
Register with - Pearson VUE
Note: E-learning module (Cisco Digital Learning Library) is also available for this course Click here for more details
- » Learners who aim to be network professionals and who have knowledge that is obtained from Cisco CCNA courses
Back to Top
- » Describe routing protocols, different remote connectivity options, and their impact on routing and implementing RIPng
- » Configure EIGRP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- » Configure OSPF in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- » Implement route redistribution using filtering mechanisms
- » Implement path control using policy-based routing and IP SLA
- » Implement enterprise Internet connectivity
- » Secure Cisco routers according to best practices and configure authentication for routing protocols
Back to Top
- Basic Network and Routing Concepts
- Differentiating Routing Protocols
- Understanding Network Technologies
- Connecting Remote Locations with the Headquarters
- Implementing RIPng
- EIGRP Implementation
- Establishing EIGRP Neighbor Relationships
- Building the EIGRP Topology Table
- Optimizing EIGRP Behavior
- Configuring EIGRP for IPv6
- Discovering Named EIGRP Configuration
- OSPF Implementation
- Establishing OSPF Neighbor Relationship
- Building the Link State Database
- Optimizing OSPF Behavior
- Configuring OSPFv3
- Configuration of Redistribution
- Implementing Basic Routing Protocol Redistribution
- Manipulating Redistribution Using Route Filtering
- Path Control Implementation
- Using Cisco Express Forwarding Switching
- Implementing Path Control
- Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- Planning Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- Establishing Single-Homed IPv4 Internet Connectivity
- Establishing Single-Homed IPv6 Internet Connectivity
- Improving Resilience of Internet Connectivity
- Considering Advantages of Using BGP
- Implementing Basic BGP Operations
- Using BGP Attributes and Path Selection Process
- Controlling BGP Routing Updates
- Implementing BGP for IPv6 Internet Connectivity
- Routers and Routing Protocol Hardening
- Securing Cisco Routers
- Describing Routing Protocol Authentication Options
- Configuring EIGRP Authentication
- Configuring OSPF Authentication
- Configuring BGP Authentication
- Discovery: Configuring RIPng
- Discovery: Configuring and Investigating Basic EIGRP
- Discovery: Building the EIGRP Topology Table
- Discovery: EIGRP Stub Routing
- Discovery: EIGRP Summarization
- Discovery: EIGRP Load Balancing
- Discovery: EIGRP for IPv6 Configuration
- Discovery: Discovering the Named EIGRP Configuration
- Discovery: Basic OSPF Configuration Introduction
- Discovery: Building the Link-State Database
- Discovery: OSPF Path Selection
- Discovery: OSPF Route Summarization
- Discovery: OSPF Stub Areas
- Discovery: Implementing OSPFv3
- Discovery: Basic Redistribution
- Discovery: Manipulate Redistribution
- Discovery: Manipulate Redistribution Using Route Maps
- Discovery: Analyzing Cisco Express Forwarding
- Discovery: Implementing PBR
- Discovery: Configuring NAT Virtual Interface
- Discovery: Basic IPv6 Internet Connectivity
- Discovery: Basic BGP Configuration
- Discovery: Influencing BGP Path Selection
- Discovery: BGP for IPv6
- Discovery: Configuring EIGRP Authentication
- Discovery: OSPF Authentication Configuration
- Challenge: Configure RIPng
- Challenge: Configure EIGRP
- Challenge: Configure and Optimize EIGRP for IPv6
- Challenge: Implement EIGRP for IPv4 and IPv6 Through Named Configuration
- Challenge: Configure OSPF
- Challenge: Optimize OSPF
- Challenge: Configure OSPFv3
- Challenge: Implement Redistribution Using Route Filtering
- Challenge: Implement Path Control
- Challenge: Configure BGP
- Challenge: Configure Authentication for EIGRP Routes
- Challenge: Configure BGP Authentication
Back to Top
- » 300-101 : Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
2 reasons. I would tell people to work directly with Bill Dolan. He's a true professional that knows this space well and encourages us to do more business with Netcom. Secondly the technical expertise for most class is above par compared to the staff at other training facilties. I recently took and MS Exchange class with Hisham and gained a great deal of knowledge that will help me. Hisham offered much more than the core curriculum.
» Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks v2.0 - SWITCH (Professional)
More testimonials »
Back to Top