80672: Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 CU8
This Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 course will provide you with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic Installation and Configuration tasks.
- » Windows 7
- » Windows Server 2008
- » Active Directory - including the security model
- » IIS
- » Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - including SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Analysis Services
Back to Top
- » Understand the main concepts of Installation and Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- » Understand the architecture and requirements of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- » Install Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- » Add users to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and assign them to roles in the organization
- » Understand the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 role based security architecture
- » Describe architecture for Services and the Application Integration Framework
- » Setup an inbound port using services
- » Install services on IIS
- » Explain the capabilities of workflow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- » Configure an approval workflow
- » Use the SQL Server Analysis Services Project Wizard
- » Discuss the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 reporting architecture
- » Deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 SQL Server Reporting Services reports
- » Deploy and configure Enterprise Portal
- » Manage Models in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- » Setup alerts, email, and batch processing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- » Discuss the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 organization model at a high level
Back to Top
- Overview and Planning
- Server Setup
- Domain Accounts
- Planning Hardware and Software
- RAID Subsystem
- Disaster Recovery
- Staff Skills Review
- Naming Convention
- Setup Utility
- Install an Environment
- Perform a Single-Computer Installation
- Configuration Utilities
- Install Microsoft Dynamics AX in Silent Mode
- Office Add-Ins
- Initialisation Checklist
- Managing Users and Security
- Security Overview
- Adding Users
- Adding Active Directory Groups
- Role Based Security
- Extensible Data Security Framework
- Customising Security
- Services Overview
- Integration and Planning
- Infrastructure and Deployment
- Troubleshoot and Monitor Services
- General Features
- Create a Workflow
- Graphical Workflow Editor
- Configure an Approval Element
- Configure Decisions
- Configure a Parallel Activity
- Configure a Sub Workflow
- Configure Line-Item Workflows
- Configure Tasks
- Completing a Workflow Configuration
- Workflow Types
- Inquiries and Reports
- Cube Overview
- Installation and Deployment
- Planning Considerations for Reporting
- Batch Support
- Installation and Deployment
- Configure Report Servers
- Security Considerations
- Enterprise Portal
- About Enterprise Portal
- Security and Authentication
- Configuration and Administration
- Model Management
- System Monitoring
- System Administration
- Set Up and Manage Emails
- Set Up and Manage Batch Processing
- Set Up and Manage Alerts
- Organisation Model
- About Organisations and Organisational Hierarchies
- Plan the Organisational Hierarchy
- Working with Legal Entities
- Working with Operational Units
- Working with Organisational Hierarchies
- Organisation Hierarchy Examples
Back to Top
- » MB6-705 : Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 Installation and Configuration
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top