80544: Warehouse Management System in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the warehouse management flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
- » The intended audience includes partners and customers who want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Inventory and Warehouse Management functionality. The class is intended for warehouse workers, warehouse managers, shipping and receiving personnel, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of warehouse management functionality.
Back to Top
- » Describe the goals and features of warehouse management by using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
- » Set up the system for warehouse management.
- » Use the item arrival process to process inventory receipts.
- » Create and process pallet transports.
- » Use output orders, consolidated picking, and picking routes to process sales order picking.
- » Create outbound rules, and deliver picked items.
- » Create and process shipments by using the Create Shipment wizard, shipment staging, and shipment templates.
- » Create shipment reservation combinations and sequences.
- » Create refill pallet transports.
- » Describe and use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for inbound and outbound processing.
- » Set up and process quarantine orders.
- » Set up and use quality orders, inventory blocking, and non conformances.
- » Review the reports and inquiries that are available for warehouse management.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview
- Goals of Warehouse Management
- Terminology and Concepts
- Workflow in Warehouse Management
- Integration with Other Modules
- Advanced Warehouse Management
- Module 2: Setting Up Warehouse Management
- Basic Setup for Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Product Setup
- Inventory Dimension Groups
- Physical Setup of the Inventory
- Logical Setup of the Inventory
- Pallets and Forklifts
- Lab : Complete Product Setup
- Lab : Using Dimensions
- Lab : Create Inventory Dimension Groups
- Lab : Update Store Areas
- Lab : Set Up Warehouse Management
- Lab : Set up a Warehouse for Replenishment
- Module 3: Inbound Operations
- Purchase Orders
- Arrival Overview and Item Arrival Journal
- Pallet Transports
- Receipt Registration Requirements
- Lab : Create and Receive a Purchase Order
- Lab : Inbound Operations
- Module 4: Outbound Operations
- Sales Orders
- Output Orders
- Picking Process
- Shipment Process
- Outbound Rules
- Shipment Reservations
- Shipment Templates
- Picking Routes
- Deliver Picked Items
- Shipment Staging
- Lab : Set Up Shipment Reservations Combinations
- Lab : Set Up Shipment Templates
- Lab : Consolidated Picking
- Lab : Picking and Shipping Items
- Module 5: RFID in Warehouse Management
- RFID Technology
- RFID Administration
- Receiving with RFID
- Picking, Packing, and Shipping with RFID
- Module 6: Quarantine Management with Pallets
- Set Up Quarantine
- Item Receipt
- Quarantine Orders
- Lab : Set Up and Use Quarantine Management with Warehouse Management
- Module 7: Inhouse Warehouse Operations
- Pallet Transports
- Refill Pallet Transports
- Quantity Adjustments
- Role Centers
- Lab : Pallet Operations
- Lab : Set Up and Run the Warehouse Capacity Report
- Lab : Use Warehouse Management
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top