80541: Payroll in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
This course guides students through the complete setup and processing phases of using the Payroll module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2. Students will learn how to use the Payroll module to track worker earnings, benefits, and deductions. Additionally students will learn to create schedules and issue payments.
- » This training is intended for people who are on the Implementation Team, administering, or using the Payroll Module in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This audience typically includes individuals who are tasked with assessing a customer's business needs and advising them on the use, configuration and customization of the application. Additionally, individuals responsible for training or supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 benefit from this training.
Back to Top
- » Participants should have at least a basic knowledge of payroll and human resources concepts.
- » Participants must be familiar with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and Microsoft Dynamics AX financial concepts.
Back to Top
- » Create and set up Payroll in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- » Set up Earnings
- » Calculate Salary
- » Generate Payments
- » Understand the routine Payroll procedures in Payroll in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction
- Introduction to payroll in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- How payroll works with Human Resource Management (HRM)
- How payroll works with other modules
- Module 2: Payroll Setup
- Setting Up the Module Parameters
- Pay Cycles and Pay Periods
- Calculation Frequencies
- Earning Codes
- Tax Setup
- General Ledger Setup
- Accounts Payable Setup
- Lab : Create a Monthly Pay Cycle
- Lab : Maintain Earning Codes
- Module 3: Benefits Setup
- Benefit Elements
- Contribution Calculation Rates
- Create Benefits
- Benefit Accrual Plans
- Disposable Income Definitions
- Lab : Set Up the Components of a Benefit
- Lab : Working With Benefits
- Lab : Set Up a Sick Leave Benefit Accrual Plan for Part-Time Workers
- Module 4: Scheduling
- Working Time Templates
- Working Time Calendars
- Planning the Template For a Schedule
- Lab : Create a Calendar
- Module 5: Position Setup
- Payroll Setup For a Position
- Lab : Set Up Payroll Information For a Position
- Module 6: Worker Setup
- Earning Codes
- Garnishments and Tax Levies
- Benefit Accruals
- Bank Accounts
- Position Assignment Changes
- Lab : Maintain Worker Benefit Details
- Lab : Adjust the Worker's Paid Time Off Balance
- Module 7: Payroll Processing
- Generate Worker Earnings
- Work With Earnings Statements
- Generate Pay Statements
- Work With Pay Statements
- Issue Worker Payments
- Post Payroll and Generate Vendor Invoices for Benefits and Taxes
- Work With Issued Pay Statements
- Lab : Create Worker Earnings
- Lab : Maintain the Earnings Statements
- Lab : Generate Pay Statements
- Lab : Working With Pay Statements
- Lab : Issue Worker Payments
- Lab : Post Payroll and Generate Vendor Invoices
- Lab : Reissue a Payment for a Lost Check
- Lab : Process a Gross Up Payment
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top