80312: Development III in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Accelerated
This two-day instructor-led course puts the techniques learnt in Development I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and Development II in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 courses into practice directly in the application. It also introduces more advanced features of X++ and MorphX, and encourages the use of the Testing Framework to build for more reliable coding.
- » The intended audience is experienced systems consultants typically working for a Microsoft Dynamics partner that is selling, consulting, implementing, and supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Back to Top
- » Create a test case.
- » Add methods to a test case.
- » Run a test case.
- » Build a test project and suite.
- » Isolate test cases appropriately.
- » Explain the MorphX development environment and the Application Object Tree
- » Program optimal database access using a "while select" statement.
- » Program optimal database access using queries.
- » Describe the caching mechanisms in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Prevent and resolve database locking.
- » Use temporary tables in classes, forms, and reports.
- » List the reasons for using InitFrom methods.
- » Use ParmId and ParmTables.
- » Discuss date effectiveness and describe how to build date effective forms.
- » Add a computed column to a view.
- » Employ the various techniques available for integrating external data with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- » Use collection classes to store data in X++.
- » List which application objects control different Graphical User Interface (GUI) components.
- » Modify and use the Application Substituted Kernel Classes.
- » Extend the RunBase framework to create new batch processes.
- » Transfer information using the Args object.
- » Identify the main sections that make up a form.
- » Add data sources to a form to define what data is displayed by the form.
- » Add controls to a form to display data.
- » Modify form methods to the control how the form behaves when it opens and closes.
- » Make decisions about where to place the code.
- » Make runtime modification of the fetch of data.
- » Explore the Application Object Tree (AOT) from Visual Studio.
- » Create a project in Visual Studio.
- » Write .NET managed code that uses X++ objects.
- » Deploy managed code.
- » Debug code using Visual Studio.
- » Configure how the workflow engine is executed on a server.
- » Specify which application module a workflow is applicable to using a workflow category.
- » Link tables to workflows using a query.
- » Create a new workflow type.
- » Apply a workflow to a form.
- » Define what happens when the workflow is approved or denied.
- » Create Event Handlers and apply them to a workflow.
- » Configure a workflow.
Back to Top
- Module 1: X++ Unit Test Framework
- Creating Test Cases
- Adding Methods to Test Cases
- Running Test Cases
- Build Test Projects and Suites
- Module 2: Working with Data
- While Select
- Temporary Tables
- Date Effectiveness
- Computed Columns in Views
- Data Integration
- Module 3: Classes
- Collection Classes
- Application Object Classes
- Application Substituted Kernel Classes
- RunBase Framework
- Args Object
- Module 4: Forms
- Data Sources
- Form Controls
- Form Methods
- Placement of Code
- Additional Controls
- Module 5: Visual Studio Integration
- Application Explorer
- Visual Studio Projects
- Managed Code Projects
- Deploying Managed Code
- Visual Studio Debugging Experience for X++
- Module 6: Workflow
- Workflow Configuration
- Create a Workflow Category
- Create a Query
- Create a Workflow Type
- Enable Workflow on a Form
- Create a Workflow Approval
- Create Event Handlers
- Author a Workflow
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top