80307: Enterprise Portal Development in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
This two-day course introduces the student to the uses of the Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. This course begins with an overview of installing the Enterprise Portal. The student will then learn about the development environment of Enterprise Portal and will be able to build and customize the appearance of a functional web site using new and existing Enterprise Portal application objects. Students will also learn about Microsoft Dynamics AX User Control elements available in Visual Studio as well as how elements in the Application Object Tree (AOT) can be deployed across environments.
- » This course is intended for individuals who will be developing Enterprise Portal web sites. This audience typically includes application consultants who are tasked with creating a customer's web site based on the configuration and customization of the application. In addition, consultants who are responsible for training or supporting the customer will benefit from the course.
Back to Top
- » General knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- » Microsoft Dynamics AX navigation is helpful but not required for this course.
- » General knowledge of standard Microsoft technologies such as the family of Microsoft Search Servers and SharePoint collaboration platforms.
- » Development I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- » Implementing and Administering Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
Back to Top
- » Review the concepts and uses of the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain the major components of the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain the architecture of the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain the Enterprise Portal prerequisites.
- » Install the Enterprise Portal.
- » Configure Microsoft Dynamics AX data and metadata to be searchable through Enterprise Search.
- » Install the development tools for the Enterprise Portal.
- » Review navigation elements in the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain the different types of pages and their composition.
- » Explain security and permissions for the Enterprise Portal.
- » Create and apply new SharePoint themes.
- » Edit and create SharePoint pages.
- » Explain the different Enterprise Portal web parts.
- » Describe the composition of a List Page.
- » Create a List Page with a Preview Pane and a FactBox, and publish it to the Enterprise Portal.
- » Describe the composition of a Detail Page.
- » Model a Data Set, create a User Control and add a Detail Page to the Enterprise Portal in SharePoint.
- » Link a Detail Page to the Action Pane and list links on a List Page.
- » Explain the different debugging techniques that are used with the Enterprise Portal.
- » Configure Internet Information Services (IIS) and the Microsoft Dynamics AX Business Connector for debugging X++ in the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain how to debug X++ code running in the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain how to debug User Controls running in the ASP.NET Development Server Environment in Visual Studio 2010.
- » Configure the Enterprise Portal to allow debugging.
- » Explain how to debug User Controls running in the Enterprise Portal.
- » Describe common Data Set methods and their uses.
- » Describe the Args class and how it can be used to pass parameters to a Data Set.
- » Describe the different Microsoft Dynamics AX ASP.NET controls available to a User Control.
- » Describe additional less commonly used controls that can be added to a User Control.
- » Explain record context in the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain eventing and describe common events used by developers in the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain how to use labels on the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain what metadata is and how to retrieve it from the Enterprise Portal.
- » Explain page redirection from code and modal dialog behavior.
- » Explain proxies for Microsoft Dynamics AX objects and how to create them.
- » Describe the Enterprise Portal elements in the Application Object Tree (AOT) and their relationship to the Enterprise Portal website.
- » Explain the Model Store and deployment of customizations across environments.
- » Describe how to deploy the Enterprise Portal.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- What is Enterprise Portal
- Enterprise Portal Architecture
- Module 2: Installing the Enterprise Portal
- Enterprise Portal Requirements
- Installing the Enterprise Portal
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Installing the Visual Studio Tools
- Module 3: Enterprise Portal Structure and Permissions
- Structure of the Enterprise Portal
- Security and Permissions
- Module 4: Customizing Enterprise Portal Pages
- Customizing Enterprise Portal Appearance
- Customizing Pages
- Web Parts
- Module 5: Modeling Enterprise Portal Pages
- List Pages
- Modeling List Pages
- Detail Pages
- Creating a Detail Page
- Linking the Detail Page and the List Page
- Module 6: Debugging in the Enteprise Portal
- Overview of Debugging in Enterprise Portal Development
- Debugging X++ in the Enterprise Portal
- Debugging User Controls in Visual Studio
- Debugging User Controls on Enterprise Portal Pages
- Module 7: Common X++ and C# Development for Enterprise Portal
- Data Set Methods
- Data Set Parameters
- Common User Control Elements
- Module 8: Additional X++ and C# Development for Enterprise Portal
- Additional User Control Elements
- Record Context
- Page Redirection
- Module 9: Deploying the Enterprise Portal
- Elements in the AOT
- Model Store
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
David is a hands-on, dynamic and experienced financial systems consultant with successful work history of implementing large scale ERP systems, managing and directly responsible for data migration, financial report validation and customization, end-user training, process documentation and automation.
David has been a trainer for more 21 years.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University.
- Over 9 years of experience as a Master Certified Trainer. Expert in MS Dynamics GP Financials, Installation, HR/Payroll, Project Accounting, Inventory and Integration Manager.
- Project Manager to various MS Dynamics Great Plains implementations.
Ginger holds a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a Masters of Business Administration from Rutgers University. Her career started as an Auditor for Deloitte & Touch and over the years she developed her passion for Microsoft Dynamics, implementing Dynamics GP and Project Cost in the Professional Services, Commercial Real Estate and Medical Facilities vertical markets.
Ginger's experience with Microsoft Dynamics is unparalleled. As a Certified Master Dynamics trainer, she stays abreast of the latest Dynamics modules and shares experience with a very hands-on training technique at NetCom Learning.
- Over 25 years of experience working as Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor.
- Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at the University of Phoenix since 2007.
- Microsoft Certifications in Financials, Trade & Logistics, Production and Human Resources Management as well as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) since 2009.
Lynn is a very accomplished Senior Financial Analyst and Senior Auditor with over 25 years of experience. She has been a Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2009 and a Professor of Graduate Management and Business School at University of Phoenix since 2007. In addition to several other Microsoft certifications, she is also a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
Lynn has taught several Microsoft Dynamics AX courses at NetCom Learning and is described by her students as very knowledgeable, qualified, and patient with her approach. Her classes are very dynamic and energetic, just as the course per se.
Ramesh holds a Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Information Security and is pursuing his Doctoral degree in IT from the University of South Australia (UniSA). He is a one of a kind trainer - he has been working in the IT field since 1995 and is an expert in C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java/J2EE, PL/SQL, VB, ASP, and XML technologies. Ramesh also has extensive experience developing and implementing BizTalk and SharePoint in large corporations, as well as more than 10 years experience working with Oracle and SQL server/Sybase databases.
With more than 19 certifications, Ramesh is an IT guru and trainer with worldwide experience, which includes presentations and trainings across US, Asia, and Middle East. He is a full time instructor at NetCom Learning and we couldn't be happier in having him as one of our Subject Matter Experts.
- Founder and Managing Partner of Guided Technology Inc. which provides Microsoft
consulting expertise and educational services for corporate and government.
- At Guided Technology, Ron was responsible for creating a strategic roadmap for
First Data Corporation.
- At New York City Department of Finance, as Senior Manager & Design Architect,
Ron designed and implemented IBM Servers collecting $15 billion in tax revenue.
Ron has always enjoyed teaching and instructing others, whether in the installation
process of software and hardware upgrades, or as working as the Head of Training
for Valinor, a Microsoft Consulting Partner, where Ron managed the company's
training centers and worked as a Senior Instructor (MCT).
In addition to working in the management level of the business and software
consulting market for over 18 years, Ron also worked as a Surface Warfare Officer
and Weapons Officer in the United States Navy, serving two tours of duty. He served
aboard the USS Tuscaloosa from 1984 -1987, and participated in two Western Pacific
Ron loves basketball and played on Trinity College's varsity basketball team for all
four years of college.
Back to Top