Autodesk Revit Architecture 2016 Fundamentals
This course provides you with fundamental understanding, demonstration of how Autodesk Revit Architecture functionality works.
You will get started with how to master this application throughout the design process of any project by utilizing and differentiate the user interface and basic drawing, editing, and viewing tools.
Going forward, you will be able to distinguish and manipulate design development tools including how to model walls, doors, windows, floors, ceilings, stairs and more.
Finally, you will learn the processes that take the model to the construction documentation phase.
- » This course outline is designed for beginner users of Revit Architecture, Architects, General Engineer Designers and Interior Designers as well as any other designer and draftsmen who have knowledge of Architectural Design and understanding of construction technical documents, Residential and Commercial Design; AutoCAD users in general and knowledgeable of drafting concepts.
Back to Top
- » Who have knowledge of Architectural Design and understanding of construction technical documents, Residential and Commercial Design; AutoCAD users in general and knowledgeable of drafting concepts.
Back to Top
- » Understand the basic functionality, features and principles behind Revit Architecture 2016
- » Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface
- » Create and manipulate project models with Revit Architecture
- » Adding component features and Understanding families concept in Revit Architecture
- » Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules
Back to Top
- Learning Revit Architecture Interface & Navigation * Linking Files * Modeling Essentials
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Modeling (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model
- Importing and Linking Vector Files (CAD & others)
- Modifying and Manipulating Imported AutoCAD Files
- Importing Raster Image Files
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment
- Advanced Modeling * Views & Setting Views Display
- Adding and creating component-based and custom stairs.
- Working with Railings
- Duplicating Views
- Adding Callout Views
- Elevations and Sections
- Creating Cameras Views
- Create topographic surfaces & Add property lines and building pads
- Modify toposurfaces with subregions, splitting surfaces and grading the regions
- Creating Construction Documents * Annotating Construction Documents
- Working with Dimensions
- Working with Text
- Adding Detail Lines and Symbols
- Adding Tags & Adding Rooms with Tags
- Working with Schedules
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Placing and Modifying Views on Sheets
- Printing Sheets
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
Back to Top