Introduction to Autodesk Maya
Introduction to Autodesk Maya provides a thorough introduction to Autodesk Maya's modeling, texturing, lighting, and rendering capabilities that will help new users make the most of this sophisticated application and will broaden the horizons of existing, self-taught users.
In this course, you will learn about the Autodesk Maya user interface, and you'll learn to work with lighting, shading, and polygon and NURBS modeling. You will receive an introduction to Mental Ray in Maya, and you will learn to work with the UV Texture Editor.
The material covered in the courseware is designed specifically for professional designers that make up the majority of Autodesk Maya users and includes tutorials designed for professional designers in the game development, architectural, industrial/product design, and interior design industries.
- » Professionals who want unparalleled creative freedom, productivity, and precision for producing superb 3D modeling
Back to Top
- » Understand the basics of Autodesk Maya
- » Model a simple tree and background
- » Understand the process of texturing and apply color to all the modeled objects
- » Render a final image of a tree and the background
Back to Top
- User Interface
- New Project Creation
- Polygon Modeling
- NURBS Modeling
- Lighting, Materials, and Shading
- Introduction to Mental Ray in Maya
- UV Texture Editor
- Cameras and Rendering
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled Autodesk Certified Instructor; working with Autodesk Softwares since 1993.
- Expert in AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
- Authored course materials for numerous Autodesk courses.
Joseph is an Autodesk Certified Instructor specializing in developing and teaching Autodesk courses, with a working knowledge of such products as AutoCAD, Autodesk 3DS, Autodesk Revit, Mechanical Desktop, Inventor, and Architectural Desktop.
In addition to teaching and developing courses for the past 10 years, Joseph has authored course materials for many AutoDesk courses. He is also well versed in Inventor 8 and 9.
Joseph demonstrates a straightforward, down-to-earth teaching style in order to reach students at widely differing levels of expertise. His extensive product knowledge and exuberant teaching style makes Joseph a consistently highly rated instructor at NetCom Learning.
- Autodesk authority. Subject Matter Expert specializing in AutoCAD, Revit, 3D, and other Autodesk softwares with over 25 years of experience.
- More than 21 years of experience as a trainer.
- Highly rated instructor with all-time average student evaluation score of 8.7 out of 9.
Roger is an Autodesk Certified Instructor with over 25 years of experience working with challenging projects in the management and support in Revit BIM, AutoCAD and 3DS Max Systems Applications for numerous Architectural and Interior Design Firms, Construction, Engineering and Manufacturing Companies. He is proficient in Advanced Visualization Design and is a specialist with analysis, customization, management and optimization of BIM Revit, AutoCAD and 3DS Max for best practices and standards procedures. Roger has been able to support and assist many firms in the field of Architectural Design in the past 20 years.
Roger is also a CTT+ certified, with a Bachelors degree in Computer Programming
and also holds a New York University Certification. In addition, he has also been an
instructor since 1990 with proven on-site and online training expertise.
Back to Top