ITIL®-MALC: Expert Level: Managing Across the Lifecycle
This is the ITIL course that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management certification. In this course, you'll be immersed in the contents of the ITIL publications. You'll focus on business, management, and supervisory objectives, purposes, processes, functions, and activities, and you will examine the interfaces and interactions between the processes covered in the Service Lifecycle.
- Facilitated Training
- You will receive a course study book including case studies and sample exam questions
- You should acquire and read the ITIL Service Design core publication, which you should read as part of personal study
- Review your ITIL Foundation course materials
ITIL Expert Level: Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) Certificate Exam
ITIL Expert Level: Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) Certificate
The ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) exam can be taken in any of the following three ways:
- On the last day of the course, in-class exam
- In the comfort of your home and at any time, after the course completion via PeopleCert (online)
- At your convenience, at an eligible testing center
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Number of Questions: 10
- Pass Score: 35/50 or 70%
- Exam Duration: 120 minutes
- Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL MALC certificate, the participants earn five credits toward their ITIL Expert certification
NetCom is an Accredited Training Affiliate in partnership with ITpreneurs.
ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
- » IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices
- » Anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT
Back to Top
- » Key concepts of the ITIL service lifecycle
- » Aspects of communication and stakeholder management relevant to IT service management
- » Integrate various IT service management processes across the lifecycle
- » Establish and manage governance in a service management organization
- » Measure IT services and associated process and activities
- » Service management implementation relevant to organization decision makers
Back to Top
- Introduction to Managing Across the Lifecycle
- MALC exam builds on the knowledge acquired in foundation and intermediate-level ITIL courses
- Prerequisites for the MALC exam
- Structure and scoring of the MALC exam
- Bloom's Taxonomy and applying it to the types of questions that will/will not be asked on the MALC exam
- MALC exam cast study
- Key Concepts of the Service Lifecycle
- Services, service management, and IT service management
- Organizing functions and roles for service management
- Effect of clarifying roles and using RACI
- Element of value
- Business value of various ITIL lifecycle stages
- Approaches to risk management
- Importance of knowledge management and the SKMS
- Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Coordinating business relationship management across the lifecycle
- Role of business relationship management in the communication activities
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Using service models
- Design activity coordination
- Managing communications and commitment throughout the lifecycle
- Communication aspects of service operation
- Communication strategy and plan
- Integrating Service Management Processes Across the Service Lifecycle
- Effectively and efficiently integrating service management processes across the lifecycle
- Impact and relationship of service strategy to other lifecycle stage
- Various lifecycle stage inputs and outputs
- Value and interfaces of the various service management processes
- Managing Service Across the Lifecycle
- Importance of an approach to balanced design
- Contribute to effective and efficient service management with design coordination and transition planning and support
- Service transition lifecycle stages
- Managing services across the lifecycle
- Involving operations staff in other lifecycle stages
- Sources of information helping in the implementation and improvement of services
- Factors relevant to strategic assessments
- Challenges, risks, and critical success factors of the strategy, design, transition, and operation lifecycle stages
- Governance, Roles, People, Competence, and the Organization
- Governance, activities, framework, and governance bodies
- Relating strategy to governance
- Service providers set direction, policy and strategy
- Change management
- Management systems
- Establishing and maintaining a service management system
- Organization development and departmentalization
- Logical structure for a service provider
- Functions and the types of services providers
- Implementing and sourcing strategies
- Measuring and demonstrating value
- Determining and using metrics
- Approaches to monitoring and control
- Using event management tools
- Implementing and Improving Service Management Capabilities
- Implementing service management, service management processes, and supporting tools
- Different types of assessments and conducting assessments
- Techniques for improving service management
- Methods for implementing service management
- Business value of service portfolio management
Back to Top
- » ITIL Intd MALC Exam PU Voucher : ITIL Intermediate MALC exam taken at home, with online proctor
- » ITIL Intd MALC Exam Onsite Voucher : ITIL Intermediate MALC exam proctored by NetCom for private sessions only
- » ITIL Intd MALC Exam VUE Voucher : ITIL Intermediate MALC exam taken at a local VUE test center
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
Back to Top