CXD-210 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration
This course is designed for students with little or no previous XenApp or XenDesktop experience. Obtain foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop required to be successful with the platform. Learn to install, configure, and manage a highly available environment comprised of XenApp and XenDesktop controllers, StoreFront, Citrix Receiver, Director, and Profile management. Refer to the topic outline for a detailed view of topics covered in the course.
- » Students interested in learning to install, configure, and manage XenApp and XenDesktop including: Administrators, Implementers / Engineers and Architects
Back to Top
- » Familiarity with how to navigate and use Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Back to Top
- » Describe the architecture and communications of XenApp and XenDesktop components
- » Understand the prerequisites for a successful XenApp and XenDesktop deployment
- » Install and configure a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop site
- » Deploy and deliver apps and desktops to end users using Machine Creation Services (MCS) on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- » Understand the differences and benefits of Provisioning Services as an image management solution
- » Install and configure a highly available Citrix StoreFront site
- » Install and configure Citrix Receiver for end user access
- » Set up Citrix Profile management for end user data
- » Understand and configure printing within a XenApp and XenDesktop environment
- » Understand and configure Citrix policies for managing end-user session experience
- » Understand how to configure basic security features of XenApp and XenDesktop
- » Use Citrix Director to monitor and troubleshoot end user sessions and view environment trends
Back to Top
- Architectural Overview
- FlexCast models (use cases)
- Connection flow process
- Layered approach methodology
- Hosting platform considerations
- Initial Requirements and Lab
- Citrix consulting methodology
- Supporting infrastructure requirements
- Supporting infrastructure licensing considerations
- Preparing for Windows 10 and Server 2016 with AppDNA
- Lab environment
- Installing and Configuring a XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Licensing considerations
- Installation and management
- Basic license server troubleshooting
- Delivery Controller role
- The XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Databases and the Local Host Cache (LHC)
- Provision and Deliver Application and Desktop Resources
- The Virtual Delivery Agent
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning methods and considerations
- Provisioning methods: Machine Creation Services (MCS) in depth
- MCS environment considerations
- Creating resources
- Providing Access with Citrix StoreFront and Receiver
- StoreFront installation and architecture
- StoreFront authentication services
- Self Service Password Reset
- Citrix Receiver
- Receiver configurations
- Understanding and Configuring Citrix Policies
- Policies introduction
- Policies for session management
- Application Presentation and Management
- Application properties
- File-type association
- Workspace Control
- Shortcut placement
- Session Prelaunch and Session Lingering
- Application groups
- Printing with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Printing introduction
- Print job routing
- Printer driver management
- Citrix Universal Print Driver and Server
- Citrix Profile Management
- User profiles
- Configuring Citrix Profile management
- Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Delegated administration
- Logging and reporting
- Introduction to Zones
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Reboot schedules for the Server VDA
- XenApp and XenDesktop Site Redundancy
- Component failure review
- Methods of redundancy
- Configuring site and access infrastructure redundancy
- XenApp and XenDesktop Site Basic Network Security
- Citrix administrator introduction to security considerations
- Certificate authority
- XML service security
- External HDX connection security with NetScaler Gateway
- Monitoring the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating Director
- Trends and reports
- Alerts and notifications
- Monitoring sessions
- Interacting with sessions
- Network monitoring with HDX Insight
- Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting XenApp and XenDesktop
- Introduction to supporting XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Known issue awareness
- XenApp and XenDesktop Hotfixes and the Long Term Service Release
- Common Troubleshooting Tools
Back to Top
- » 1Y0-201 : Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions exam.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Citrix expert with an extensive number of Citrix certifications such as CCI, CCA, CCAA, and MCSA to name a few.
- Strong experience with system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia.
- First certified in 1974 in Electronics Design and since then working in the IT field.
Jessy is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) as well as a Citrix Certified Instructor (CCI) working in the IT field since 1974, with a focus on integration and training. He holds more than 9 Citrix certifications, making him a true Citrix expert, and sharing the NetCom Learning values of becoming a lifelong learner.
Jessy has a strong background in system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources. He has worked for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia and now focuses on Citrix training, where he recognized as one of the top trainers in Citrix technology and certifications.
Back to Top
2 reasons. I would tell people to work directly with Bill Dolan. He's a true professional that knows this space well and encourages us to do more business with Netcom. Secondly the technical expertise for most class is above par compared to the staff at other training facilties. I recently took and MS Exchange class with Hisham and gained a great deal of knowledge that will help me. Hisham offered much more than the core curriculum.
» CXA-206-1: Citrix XenApp 6.5 Basic Administration
More testimonials »
Back to Top