HP BladeSystem Networking
In this course, you will learn how the HP virtual connect family of interconnect solutions, which are modules deployed in HP BladeSystem enclosures, can be used to enable server blades, installed in the BladeSystem, and allow access IP and storage networks. You will also cover a variety of supporting networking technologies, including protocols and standards applicable to Layer 1, 2, and 3, that are commonly encountered when selling data center solutions encompassing local area (LAN) and storage area networks (SAN).
- » HP solution architects
- » HP authorized resellers
- » Partners
- » HP technical clients
- » Consultants
- » HP field presales and competency center solution architects
Back to Top
- » IP networking terminology and concepts, including physical connectivity, switching, and routing
- » Protocols supporting redundancy and availability in IP networks including those enabling link aggregation (LACP and PAgP), and path redundancy (Spanning Tree)
- » Implementation of VLANs and how traffic from multiple VLANs can be transported over network links
- » Protocols commonly used in the management of IP networks including LLDP, CDP, SNMP, and Syslog
- » Virtual switching concepts, including those encountered in server virtualization solutions
- » FlexFabric modules and adapters features and functionality
- » Converged Network Adapter (CNA) technology and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) functionality
- » Hardware and software features of the HP Virtual Connect Ethernet and FlexFabric modules
- » Configure HP Virtual Connect Ethernet and FlexFabric modules to support IP network connectivity scenarios
- » Storage networking terminology and concepts, including physical connectivity and fabric topologies
- » Hardware and software features of the HP Virtual Connect Fibre Channel modules
- » Configure HP Virtual Connect FlexFabric and modules to support storage network connectivity
Back to Top
- Networking and Management
- Network Types and Networking Techniques
- Strategies for Network Management
- Layer 2 Concepts
- OSI Model Layer 2 Concepts
- Layer 3 Concepts
- Networking Security and Performance
- Strategies for Providing Network Security
- Attaining Network Quality of Service (QoS)
- Virtual Switching Concepts
- HP Virtual Connect for Ethernet
- Terms Relating to Virtual Connect Technology in an Ethernet Environment
- Comparing the HP Virtual Connect Ethernet Interconnects Supported in BladeSystem Enclosures
- Features and Functions of Virtual Connect Manager (VCM) and Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager (VCEM)
- Managing Server VLAN Tagging Support
- HP Virtual Connect FlexNIC Technology
- Comparing the Four Dual Port Flex-10 10GbE Multifunction BL-c Adapters Supported in HP BladeSystems
- Features and Functions of a FlexFabric Adapter
- Virtual Connect Fibre Channel Concepts
- Terms Relating to Fibre Channel Technology
- Comparing the Virtual Connect Fibre Channel Modules Supported in BladeSystem Enclosures
- Technologies Supported by Virtual Connect Fibre Channel Modules
- Enabling Converged Network Deployments in a Data Center
- HP Virtual Connect Stacking
- Implementing Virtual Connect Stacking
- Virtual Connect FlexFabric Module Stacking Rules
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top