Introducing Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS Mode v1.0 - DCINX9K (Data Center)
Introducing Cisco Nexus 9000 and Application Centric Infrastructure (DCINX9K v1.0) (DCINX9K) is a 2-day hands-on course that focuses on deployment and operations of the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches. Participants will learn how to configure and manage Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches using the NX-OS CLI, Python scripts, bash shell, and NX-API.
DCINX9K is designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 9000 Switches in NX-OS mode. This course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 9000 Switch platform.
- » Data center engineers
- » Data center administrators
- » System engineers
Back to Top
- » Describe Cisco products that address market trends in the data center
- » Describe Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switch hardware components
- » Describe the hardware architecture of modular chassis, modular chassis line cards, and fixed configuration in the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches
- » Describe features offered in NX-OS available on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series switches
- » Configure VXLAN features on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- » Describe the programmability, automation, and management features available on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- » Describe common topology options for configuring Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- » Describe the benefits of adopting Cisco ACI fabric mode on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
Back to Top
- Lesson 1: Describing the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series NX-OS Mode Solution
- Describe trends in data center network programmability, software defined networking and virtualization
- Describe the individual components of the Nexus 9000 solution
- Describe the benefits of NXOS enhancements
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Hardware
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9500 chassis
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9500 supervisor modules
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9500 system controllers
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9500 fans and power supplies
- Describe the Cisco nexus 9500 fabric modules
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9500 line card modules
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9300 switches
- Describe the Cisco Nexus 9000 FEX support
- Describe 40GE and 100GE Networking in the Data Center
- List the optics supported by the Cisco Nexus 9000 family
- Lesson 3: Describing Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Hardware Architecture
- Describe the Architecture of the Cisco Nexus 9500 Modular Switches
- Describe the Architecture of the Cisco Nexus 9500 Line Card Modules
- Describe Packet Forwarding in the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the Architecture of the Cisco Nexus 9300 Switches
- Lesson 4: Describing Cisco Nexus Operating System
- Describe the Components of NX-OS
- Describe the High-Availability Features of Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the management features of the Cisco Nexus 9000 switch family
- Lesson 5: Configuring VXLAN on Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe the use of Network Overlays in Data Center Design
- Describe VXLAN
- Describe VXLAN Control-Plane Operation
- Describe VXLAN Data-Plane Operation
- Configure VXLAN on the Cisco Nexus 9500 Series Switches
- Lesson 6: Describing Network Programmability and Automation
- Describe programming features on Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe automation features on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe monitoring features on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Lesson 7: Describing Topology Options for Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe Traditional Data Center Topologies on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe Spine and Leaf Topologies on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Describe Overlay Topologies on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Lesson 8: Describing the Cisco ACI Fabric
- Describe the key Concepts of the Cisco ACI Fabric
- Describe the Components of Cisco ACI Fabric
- Describe the Benefits of Using the Cisco ACI Fabric
- Describe Advanced Services of Cisco ACI Fabric
- Lab Outline
- Lab 1: Configure Initial Settings on the Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches
- Lab 2: Configure VXLAN
- Lab 3: Configure NX-API
- Lab 4: Execute Python Scripts on the Local Switch
- Lab 5: Execute Python Scripts on Remote Switches
- Lab 6: Execute Python Through a Web Interface
- Lab 7: Deploy a Patch Using Chef
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top