Implementing Cisco MPLS v3.0 - MPLS
The Implementing Cisco MPLS (MPLS) v3.0, course that is designed to help students prepare for MPLS exam. This update to the course reflects the most-recent developments in network design and technologies, using real-world scenarios to help reinforce the learning of key objectives.
Enterprises and service providers face many challenges in terms of customer demand, including an ongoing need for value-added services. Conventional IP packet forwarding has several limitations, and more and more enterprise and service providers realize that something else is needed. Not only they must be concerned with protecting their existing infrastructure, but they must also find ways to generate new services that are not currently supportable using existing technologies.
Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) is a high-performance method for forwarding packets through a network. MPLS enables routers at the edge of a network to apply simple labels to packets. This practice allows the edge devices to switch packets according to labels, with minimal lookup overhead. MPLS integrates the performance and traffic-management capabilities of data link Layer 2 with the scalability and flexibility of network Layer 3 routing. When used in conjunction with other standard technologies, MPLS gives the ability to support value-added features.
- » The primary audience for this course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement MPLS and MPLS Traffic Engineering.
- » The secondary audience for this course is intended for network designers and project managers. The course is also recommended to all individuals preparing for MPLS exam.
Back to Top
- » Describe the features of MPLS
- » Describe how MPLS labels are assigned and distributed
- » Configure and troubleshoot frame-mode MPLS on Cisco IOS platforms
- » Describe the MPLS peer-to-peer architecture and explain the routing and packet-forwarding model in this architecture
- » Configure, monitor, and troubleshoot VPN operations
- » Describe how the MPLS VPN model can be used to implement managed services and Internet access
- » Describe the various Internet access implementations that are available and the benefits and drawbacks of each model
- » Describe the tasks and commands that are necessary to implement MPLS TE
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top