Cloudera Administrator Training for Apache Hadoop
This four day administrator training for Apache Hadoop provides participants with a comprehensive understanding of all the steps necessary to operate and maintain a Hadoop cluster. From installation and configuration through load balancing and tuning, Cloudera's training course is the best preparation for the real-world challenges faced by Hadoop administrators.
This course covers concepts addressed on the Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) exam. Establish yourself as a trusted and valuable resource by completing the certification exam for Apache Hadoop Administrators. CCAH certifies the core systems administrator skills sought by companies and organizations deploying Apache Hadoop.
- » System administrators and others responsible for managing Apache Hadoop clusters in production or development environments.
Back to Top
- » The internals of YARN, MapReduce, and HDFS
- » Determining the correct hardware and infrastructure for your cluster
- » Proper cluster configuration and deployment to integrate with the data center
- » How to load data into the cluster from dynamically generated files using Flume and from RDBMS using Sqoop
- » Configuring the FairScheduler to provide service-level agreements for multiple users of a cluster
- » Best practices for preparing and maintaining Apache Hadoop in production
- » Troubleshooting, diagnosing, tuning, and solving Hadoop issues
Back to Top
- The Case for Apache Hadoop
- Why Hadoop?
- Core Hadoop Components
- Fundamental Concepts
- HDFS Features
- Writing and Reading Files
- NameNode Memory Considerations
- Overview of HDFS Security
- Using the Namenode Web UI
- Using the Hadoop File Shell
- Getting Data into HDFS
- Ingesting Data from External Sources with Flume
- Ingesting Data from Relational Databases with Sqoop
- REST Interfaces
- Best Practices for Importing Data
- YARN and MapReduce
- What Is MapReduce?
- Basic MapReduce Concepts
- YARN Cluster Architecture
- Resource Allocation
- Failure Recovery
- Using the YARN Web UI
- MapReduce Version 1
- Planning Your Hadoop Cluster
- General Planning Considerations
- Choosing the Right Hardware
- Network Considerations
- Configuring Nodes
- Planning for Cluster Management
- Hadoop Installation and Initial Configuration
- Deployment Types
- Installing Hadoop
- Specifying the Hadoop Configuration
- Performing Initial HDFS Configuration
- Performing Initial YARN and MapReduce Configuration
- Hadoop Logging
- Installing and Configuring Hive, Impala, and Pig
- Hadoop Clients
- What is a Hadoop Client?
- Installing and Configuring Hadoop Clients
- Installing and Configuring Hue
- Hue Authentication and Authorization
- Cloudera Manager
- The Motivation for Cloudera Manager
- Cloudera Manager Features
- Express and Enterprise Versions
- Cloudera Manager Topology
- Installing Cloudera Manager
- Installing Hadoop Using Cloudera Manager
- Performing Basic Administration Tasks Using Cloudera Manager
- Advanced Cluster Configuration
- Advanced Configuration Parameters
- Configuring Hadoop Ports
- Explicitly Including and Excluding Hosts
- Configuring HDFS for Rack Awareness
- Configuring HDFS High Availability
- Hadoop Security
- Why Hadoop Security Is Important
- Hadoop's Security System Concepts
- What Kerberos Is and How it Works
- Securing a Hadoop Cluster with Kerberos
- Managing and Scheduling Jobs
- Managing Running Jobs
- Scheduling Hadoop Jobs
- Configuring the FairScheduler
- Impala Query Scheduling
- Cluster Maintenance
- Checking HDFS Status
- Copying Data Between Clusters
- Adding and Removing Cluster Nodes
- Rebalancing the Cluster
- Cluster Upgrading
- Cluster Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- General System Monitoring
- Monitoring Hadoop Clusters
- Common Troubleshooting Hadoop Clusters
- Common Misconfigurations
Back to Top
- » CCA-500 : Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH)
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Jose Marcial Portilla has a BS and MS in Mechanical Engineering from Santa Clara University. He has a great skill set in analyzing data, specifically using Python and a variety of modules and libraries. He hopes to use his experience in teaching and data science to help other people learn the power of the Python programming language and its ability to analyze data, as well as present the data in clear and beautiful visualizations. He is the creator of some of most popular Python Udemy courses including "Learning Python for Data Analysis and Visualization" and "The Complete Python Bootcamp". With almost 30,000 enrollments Jose has been able to teach Python and its Data Science libraries to thousands of students. Jose is also a published author, having recently written "NumPy Succintly" for Syncfusion's series of e-books.
Back to Top