ISACA CSX Practitioner III: Respond and Recover
In this final course in the CSX Practitioner series, you will gain hands-on instruction in the Respond and Recover domains. With course lecture backed up by lab sequences, you will learn how to apply professional methodology to respond to and recover from network incidents or disasters. You will discover how to contain an event and protect assets and infrastructure, and you will learn the components and procedures required for a comprehensive incident response plan.
In the Respond domain, you will learn the basic concepts, methods, and tools required to draft and execute comprehensive incident response plans, provide proper isolation response documentation, and document and maintain information related to incident response. In the Recover domain, you will master the basic concepts, methods, and tools required to recuperate a system or network, and you will learn how to implement continuity and contingency plans.
- » Individuals in the field of cybersecurity who are interested in gaining hands-on technical skills
Back to Top
- » Analyze and monitor network output
- » Detect malware
- » Detect incidents
- » Notify proper channels
- » Analyze attacks
- » Escalating incidents
- » Perform change monitoring
Back to Top
- Incident Response Plan Execution
- System Containment Response
- Asset Quarantine
- IDS/IPS Response Configuration
- Incident Response Documentation
- Incident Response Protocol Procedure
- Incident Response Drafting
- Disaster Response Plan and Business Continuity Plan Task Identification
- System Restore Processes
- Site Configuration
- System Backup
- System Restoration
- Network Backup Procedures
- Data Integrity Check
- Procedures and Documentation
- Post-Incident Review Process
- Compromised Asset Quarantine
- Rapid Response IDS/IPS Configuration
- Incident Response Component Identification
- Lab 1: Incident Response Component Assessment
- Lab 2: Compromised Asset Containment
- Lab 3: Incident Response Procedure Identification
- Lab 4: Incident Response Draft Generation
- Lab 5: System Restoration
- Lab 6: System Backup Procedure
- Lab 7: Network Backup Procedures
- Lab 8: Integrity Check Process
- Lab 9: After Action Report Generation
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Academic and corporate trainer with over 2000 hours of instruction delivered on security awareness, CISSP, Security+, Safety, core Microsoft courses, MS Exchange and MS ISA server.
- Conducted over 200 security reviews in support of financial audits, policy reviews and network vulnerability assessments.
- Bachelors Degree in Security Management with a Concentration in Information Security from American Military University along with CISSP, CAP and several CompTIA, Microsoft, ISACA certifications.
Donald is a security professional with a wide range of experience from physical security to a concentration in information security. He is the Information Systems & Security Director for a consulting firm. His clients include local municipalities, non-profits, corporations and federal government agencies, specializing in a wide array of compliance programs and security assessments such as PCI DSS, FISMA, COBIT and ISO17799.
Donald is also a trainer and speaker on security topics and has served on various advisory committees and as a subject matter expert in information technology and security. He has over 15 years of experience in the security field as well as more than 2000 hours of instruction delivered on security awareness, CISSP, Security+, Safety, core Microsoft courses and MS ISA server. In addition to that, Donald is the President and Chairmen for the Brentwood Veterans Memorial Building and Commandant for the Delta Diablo Det. 1155 Marine Corps League.
- Over 32 years of experience as well as 18 certifications, including Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft.
- Strong background, with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us.
- Specialist in applying process and finding solutions to solve them in addition to training people in the skills to manage the process and meet goals.
Jayson is a talented and valued Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 32 years of IT experience. Along with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us, he holds several IT certifications. He is a CCDA, CCNA, Security+ certified, MCDBA, and MCSE to name a few.
Jayson's focus is on finding solutions to problems and applying process to solve them. He instructs professionals in the skills to manage the process and meet goals, which makes him a respected trainer at NetCom Learning.
- More than 14 years of experience as a Security Subject Matter Expert as well as black belt in a variety of martial arts.
- Numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command.
- Much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Larry is a unique instructor and IT security expert. If you sit in one of his classes you might get the feeling of being in a martial arts class - That's exactly how Larry wants it! "The principles behind IT security are the same as those in a variety of martial arts," Larry says. In addition to teaching IT security for over 14 years, he has practiced martial arts since he was 13 years old and holds black belts in multiple disciplines including Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kick Boxing. "All of these techniques are like tools for different types of attacks," Larry explains.
Larry's excellence in certification training and passion for IT security has earned him numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command. He is also a much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Back to Top