BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management 3.1: Administration Boot Camp
Cloud Lifecycle Management 3.1: Administration Boot Camp expands on the concepts introduced in Cloud Lifecycle Management 3.1: Foundation. This course targets 'cloud' administrators. Aspirants will learn the planning strategies, key concepts, configuration steps, and best practices when implementing Cloud Lifecycle Management. Through a combination of lecture, discussion, and hands-on exercises, aspirants learn how to request and configure service offerings in the hybrid cloud computing environment.
- » Discuss the installation process, required hardware resources, and deployment sizes
- » Overview of the Administration Console
- » Creating users, companies, and on-boarding cloud tenants
- » Creating and managing Service Blueprints
- » Creating, editing, and decommissioning Service Offerings
- » Configuring Pre-Deploy and Post-Deploy actions to modify service offerings
- » Creating Virtual Guest Packages and System Packages necessary to offer cloud servers
- » Creating and editing Entitlement Packages
- » Tagging objects
- » Creating and managing Service Governor policies
Back to Top
- INTRODUCTION TO BMC CLOUD LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT 3.1
- What Is Cloud Computing?
- Overview of BMC Cloud Lifecycle Management
- The My Cloud Services Console
- Making a Cloud Service Request
- COMPONENTS AND DEFAULT PROVIDERS
- Role of BMC Server Automation
- Role of BMC Network Automation
- Role of BMC Atrium Orchestrator
- Role of BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management
- Role of BMC Capacity Management
- PRODUCT DEPLOYMENT
- Deployment Overview
- Preparing the Environment
- Deployment Sizes
- Use of Quickstart
- COMPANIES AND TENANTS
- Company Types
- Creating Customer Companies
- Creating End Users
- On-boarding Tenants
- ASSIGNING RESOURCES
- Create Network Containers
- Discuss Resource Pool Management
- Map Tenants to Resources
- SERVICE BLUEPRINTS
- What Are Service Blueprints?
- Creating Service Blueprints
- Deployment Definitions
- Resource Sets
- Components and Mapping
- SERVICES AND SERVICE OFFERINGS
- Creating a Service Offering
- Creating a Requestable Offering
- Entitlement Packages and Offering Visibility
- Tagging Resources
- Tagging Strategies and Best Practices
- PRE-DEPLOY OPTIONS
- Options and Choices
- Blueprint Configurations
- Modifying VM Resources Prior to Deploy
- POST-DEPLOY ACTIONS
- Creating Post-Deploy Actions
- Requestable Post-Deploy Actions
- DEPLOYING OPERATING SYSTEMS
- Creating Virtual Guest Packages
- Creating System Packages
- DEPLOYING SOFTWARE
- How CLM Deploys Software
- BLPackage Deploy Jobs
- SERVICE GOVERNOR
- Introduction to the Service Governor
- Configuring Policies
- MANAGING CAPACITY
- Dashboard Workspace
- Cloud Capacity Visibility (CCV) View
- Cloud Aware Placement Adviser (CAPA)
- Chargeback and Showback reports
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top