Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals for AWS Professionals
Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals for AWS Professionals course with labs introduces AWS professionals to the core capabilities of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in the four technology pillars: networking, compute, storage, and database. It is designed for AWS Solution Architects and SysOps Administrators familiar with AWS features and setup and want to gain experience configuring GCP products immediately. With presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants get details of similarities, differences, and initial how-tos quickly.
- » AWS Solution Architects just getting started with Google Cloud Platform
- » AWS SysOps Administrators used to building IaaS solutions
- » Architects and Engineers operating in multi-cloud environments
Back to Top
- » Basic proficiency with networking technologies like subnets and routing
- » Experience with Amazon VPC, Amazon EC2 instances, and disks
- » Familiarity with Amazon S3 and AWS database technologies
Back to Top
- » Identify GCP counterparts for Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, IGW, Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, auto-scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon Redshift, AWS IAM, and more
- » Configure accounts, billing, projects, networks, subnets, firewalls, VMs, disks, auto scaling, load balancing, storage, databases, IAM, and more
- » Manage and monitor applications
- » Explain feature and pricing model differences
- » Locate documentation and training
Back to Top
- Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud infrastructure
- AWS regions, availability zones, and CloudFront
- GCP regions, zones, edge caching, and Cloud CDN
- GCP services
- Setting up Accounts and Billing
- AWS accounts, billing, and IAM roles
- GCP accounts, billing accounts, projects, and admin setup
- Account, billing, project, and admin setup
- Amazon VPC, subnets, routes, NACLs, and security groups
- GCP networks, subnets, routes, and firewall rules
- VMs in networks
- Working with VM Instances
- Amazon EC2 instance types, AMIs, Amazon EBS, ephemeral drives, spot instances
- Google Compute Engine machine types, instances, persistent disks, local SSDs, preemptible VMs
- VM and web app deployment
- Scaling and Load Balancing Apps
- Amazon EC2 launch configurations, auto-scaling groups, load balancing
- Google Compute Engine instance templates, managed instance groups, load balancing
- Autoscaling and load balancing setup
- Isolating Instances and Apps
- A 3-tier web app in GCP
- A custom network with custom subnets and firewall rules
- Using Storage as a Service and Database as a Service
- Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon RDS, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena
- Google Cloud Storage, Google Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, Google Cloud Datastore, Google Cloud Bigtable, Google BigQuery
- Deployment and Monitoring
- AWS CloudFormation, Amazon CloudWatch
- Google Cloud Deployment Manager, Google StackDriver
- Set up projects and billing accounts with a free-trial GCP account
- Add VMs, explore the default network, and test connectivity
- Deploy VMs with an app by console and command line
- Scale and load balance instances and test under load
- Build a 3-tier web app with public front-end and private backend
- Use gsutil command-line tool to perform operations on buckets and objects in Cloud Storage
- Load and analyze data in BigQuery
- Deploy your infrastructure using Deployment Manager
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Developed the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University as well as multiple online multimedia projects for the North Carolina State Government.
- Highly rated instructor averaging 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
Erick has been training business and IT professionals since 1989, when he developed and introduced the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University. Since then he has honed his business, programming, and database skills providing highly customized software solutions and education programs for multiple clients such as North Carolina State Government, Cisco, IBM, and Time Warner Cable.
Erick's teaching prowess and real-world experience leading a team of software application developers make him a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning, where he averages 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Back to Top