Cisco Deploying Basic Wireless LANs v1.2 - (WDBWL)
Cisco Deploying Basic Wireless LANs course is designed to give you a firm understanding of the Cisco Unified Wireless Networking for enterprise deployment scenarios. In this course, you will learn the basics of how to install, configure, operate, and maintain a wireless network, both as an add-on to an existing wireless LAN (WLAN) and as a new Cisco Unified Wireless Networking solution.
This course will build on top of Wireless LAN terms, concepts, protocols, architecture and Wireless LAN Characteristics introduced in the Wireless LAN Essentials eLearning course. In this course you will investigate the components, features, and deployment aspects of the system. You will have the opportunity to reinforce what you learn with hands-on labs. This course focuses on the essential network elements of a WLAN: the access points (APs) and wireless LAN controllers (WLCs).
- » Cisco Installers
- » Channel Installers
- » Customer Installers
- » Cisco System Engineers
- » Channel System Engineers
- » Cisco Field Engineers
- » Channel Field Engineers
- » Customer Field Engineers
- » Cisco Technical Support/TAC
- » Channel Technical Support/TAC
- » Customer Technical Support/TAC
- » Cisco Technical Marketing Engineers
- » Cisco Network Consulting Engineers
Back to Top
- » Knowledge of basic networking principles, TCP/IP, bridging, routing protocol, and VLAN operation
- » Basic Microsoft Windows, Windows networking, and Internet browser navigation skills
Back to Top
- » Differentiate the characteristics of a unified wireless LAN architecture, and configure and test the controllers, access points, and basic features
- » Differentiate the characteristics of a FlexConnect architecture, configure and deploy a FlexConnect based wireless LAN
- » Perform routine maintenance, network monitoring, and common troubleshooting tasks on the Cisco wireless LAN
- » Describe and perform configuration with Cisco's new Ease of Use wizard, and best practices audit
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top