Google Cloud Fundamentals: Big Data and Machine Learning
This one-day instructor-led course introduces participants to the big data capabilities of Google Cloud Platform. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, you will get an overview of the Google Cloud platform and a detailed view of the data processing and machine learning capabilities. This course showcases the ease, flexibility, and power of big data solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
- » Data analysts getting started with Google Cloud Platform
- » Data scientists getting started with Google Cloud Platform
- » Business analysts getting started with Google Cloud Platform
- » Individuals responsible for designing pipelines and architectures for data processing, creating and maintaining machine learning and statistical models, querying datasets, visualizing query results and creating reports
- » Executives and IT decision makers evaluating Google Cloud Platform for use by data scientists
Back to Top
- » Basic proficiency with common query language such as SQL
- » Experience with data modeling, extract, transform, load activities
- » Developing applications using a common programming language such Python
- » Familiarity with Machine Learning and/or statistics
Back to Top
- » Purpose and value of the key Big Data and Machine Learning products in the Google Cloud Platform
- » Use Cloud SQL and Cloud Dataproc to migrate existing MySQL and Hadoop/Pig/Spark/Hive workloads to Google Cloud Platform
- » Employ BigQuery and Cloud Datalab to carry out interactive data analysis
- » Train and use a neural network using TensorFlow
- » Employ ML APIs
- » Choose between different data processing products on the Google Cloud Platform
Back to Top
- Introducing Google Cloud Platform
- Google Platform Fundamentals Overview
- Google Cloud Platform Data Products and Technology
- Usage scenarios
- Compute and Storage Fundamentals
- CPUs on demand (Compute Engine)
- A global filesystem (Cloud Storage)
- Data Analytics on the Cloud
- Stepping-stones to the cloud
- CloudSQL: your SQL database on the cloud
- Lab: Importing data into CloudSQL and running queries
- Spark on Dataproc
- Scaling Data Analysis
- Fast random access
- Machine Learning with TensorFlow
- Fully built models for common needs
- Data Processing Architectures
- Message-oriented architectures with Pub/Sub
- Creating pipelines with Dataflow
- Reference architecture for real-time and batch data processing
- Why GCP?
- Where to go from here
- Additional Resources
- Sign up for Google Cloud Platform
- Set up a Ingest-Transform-Publish data processing pipeline
- Machine Learning Recommendations with SparkML
- Build machine learning dataset
- Train and use neural network
- Employ ML APIs
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Developed the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University as well as multiple online multimedia projects for the North Carolina State Government.
- Highly rated instructor averaging 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
Erick has been training business and IT professionals since 1989, when he developed and introduced the first online multimedia training content system to Harvard University. Since then he has honed his business, programming, and database skills providing highly customized software solutions and education programs for multiple clients such as North Carolina State Government, Cisco, IBM, and Time Warner Cable.
Erick's teaching prowess and real-world experience leading a team of software application developers make him a top Instructor and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning, where he averages 8.7 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge.
- Over 15 years of experience in the IT industry.
- NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011.
Sam Polsky has spent his entire career in entrepreneurial pursuits, including such fields as biotechnology, software development, data management, and business process management. He began in entrepreneurship as team leader for the first undergraduate team to win the Duke Startup Challenge, a business development competition geared towards Duke Universitys various graduate schools.
Sam Polsky has since co-founded a consulting firm where he has been involved in software architecture, development and implementation. On top of that, Sam has been delivering acclaimed solutions in software architecture, development and implementation for over 15 years. He is a much-admired Subject Matter Expert and Trainer at NetCom Learning and was voted NetCom Learning Instructor of the Year 2011
Back to Top