Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance Parts 1 and 2 v2.1 - (SESA)
Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance Parts 1 and 2 v2.1 - (SESA) course, you will learn to install, configure, operate, and maintain the C-Series. You will receive in-depth instruction on the most commonly used product features with an emphasis on administration best practices for configuration and operation including clustering, management of email through Cisco Email Security Appliances, configuration of access control policies to eliminate threats at the perimeter, as well as the creation and application of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) polices. You will see how Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) integrates with Email Security Appliance and you will learn how to configure Cisco Email Security Appliances to detect and handle unwanted spam and viruses. You will cover message tracking and reporting to document email traffic trends on the C-Series. You will also learn the fundamental concepts of tracking, reporting, and quarantining on the M-Series.
- » Enterprise messaging managers and system administrators
- » Email system designers and architects
- » Network managers responsible for messaging implementation
Back to Top
- » Basic computer literacy, including the use of general office software such as Microsoft Office
- » Basic Microsoft Windows navigation and keyboard proficiency skills
- » Basic Internet usage skills, including use of a browser and search tools
- » Basic email usage skills
- » Moderate knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
Back to Top
- » Integrate with a directory server via LDAP
- » Use message filters to redirect and modify messages
- » How web reputation filters are used to control SPAM
- » Integration AMP with Email Security Appliance
- » Safely deploy and debug message filters
- » Configure TLS and Guaranteed Secure Delivery
- » Authenticate email with SPF, SIDF and DMARC
- » How to manage high volume of emails
- » Configure ESA cluster for central administration
Back to Top
- Reviewing the Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Administering the Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Controlling Sender and Recipient Domains
- Controlling Spam with Cisco SensorBase and Antispam
- Using Antivirus, Advanced Malware Protection, and Virus Outbreak Filters
- Using Mail Policies
- Using Content Filters
- Preventing Data Loss
- Using LDAP
- Using Authentication and Encryption
- Using Message Filters
- Using System Quarantines and Delivery Methods
- Understanding Clustering
- Access the Cisco Remote Lab
- Install Your Cisco Email Security Appliance
- Perform Administration
- Test Your Listener Settings
- Prevent Domain Spoofing with DMARC
- Defend Against Spam with SensorBase and Antispam
- Defend Against Viruses
- Prevent Advanced Persistent Threats with Advanced Malware Protection
- Customize Mail Policies for Your End Users
- Enforce Your Business Policies in Email Delivery
- Manage High-Volume Mail Flow
- Configure DLP
- Configure LDAP Accept
- Configure SMTP Call-Ahead
- Accommodate Multiple Domains Using LDAP Accept Bypass and Domain Assignments
- Control Mail Policies with LDAP Group Queries
- Configure Envelope Encryption
- Encrypt Email with TLS
- Verify SIDF and SPF
- Redirect Mail with Message Filters
- Configure Virtual Gateways
- Configure Clusters
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Bachelors and Masters in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania, in addition to several IT certifications.
- Over 20 years of experience in the IT industry; background ranges from engineering, administration and escalation support in networks.
William is a highly-skilled IT professional with Bachelors and Masters Degree in Mathematics from University of Pennsylvania. He has been working in the IT industry for over 20 years, with experience in engineering, administration and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
As a Cisco and CompTIA Subject Matter Expert, he holds several certifications, including Cisco CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE. William is one of NetCom's top trainers, consistently scoring high marks in student evaluations.
Back to Top
Good Training company with whom we have a history.
» Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall Solutions v2.0 - FIREWALL
More testimonials »
Back to Top