Leading a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe Agilist Certification)
Leading a Scaled Agile Framework training course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise-level Agile transformation by leveraging SAFe and its underlying principles of Lean thinking and Product Development Flow.
Scale Agile Across Multiple Teams or the Enterprise
Organizations have been using Agile methodologies for years to deliver more value to their customers in less time. Most organizations are complex systems that require collaboration and coordination across multiple delivery teams. This two-day class will show you how to do it well. Additionally, when other areas of your company are not leveraging Agile, the ability to skyrocket results becomes a daunting task. You will learn how to handle these hurdles in this class. The SAFe framework, developed by Dean Leffingwell, outlines an approach to help organizations harness the power of Agile across delivery teams and your full organization.
Become a Certified SAFe Agilist
Those who wish to pursue certification in SAFe are eligible to complete the exam to earn the SAFe Agilist certification. As more organizations look to scale Agile, the recognition of your knowledge and experience is valuable both to you and others. Attendees will develop an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture and Scaling Leadership. Whether at the team, program, or portfolio level, attendees will be able to explain and implement the practices necessary to achieve business and technical alignment and consistent, sustainable delivery of value.
Taking this Scaled Agile Framework training course satisfies the requirement for the SAFe Agilist certification and prepares you to pass the exam.
- » This course is beneficial to all members on an Agile team, but it is primarily oriented towards those leading the efforts to adopt and scale Lean and Agile principles and practices via the Scaled Agile Framework.
- » This course is ideally suited for managers, program managers, coaches, and anyone helping lead the SAFe implementation.
Back to Top
- » Experience in Scrum
- » 5+ years experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
Back to Top
- » Learn how the framework supports Lean Thinking, Agile Development and Architecture, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management and Scaling Leadership
- » Leverage the power of Lean Thinking Manager-Teachers in support of your Agile teams, switching your leadership from a "role" to a "task"
- » Rapidly pull together various agile and non-agile development teams into a progressively managed "Release Train" focused on common delivery cadence while successfully keeping integration points and dependencies in check
- » Understand the Principles of Product Development Flow and how to achieve maximum business value in the time available
- » Involve and collaborate across all the layers of your organization to enable teams to deliver complex, cross-functional features in 10-12 week increments
- » Effectively integrate architecture and other shared services into an Agile delivery process
- » Improve the communication and focus of your organization's Agile implementation
- » Infuse Agile into your entire organization-not just your IT delivery teams
- » Leverage the value of lightweight business cases
- » Learn to commit to objectives instead of a set-in-stone plan
- » Understand and implement the Weighted Shortest Job First economic prioritization method to always prioritize and deliver the most valuable features first
- » Learn how to lead an effective Inspect and Adapt Workshop using root cause analysis methods such as 5 Why's, the Fishbone Diagram and Pareto Charts
- » Earn your requirement for the Scaled Agile Framework Agilist (SA) certification
Back to Top
- What is SAFe?
- SAFe Implementation Strategy
- History of SAFe
- SAFe Core Values
- Lean Thinking
- Lean Tools
- House of Quality
- Optimal Batch Size
- Product Development Flow
- Controlling Flow Under Uncertainty
- Decentralized Control
- Value Stream Mapping
- Agile Development
- Accelerating Value Delivery
- Brief Agile Overview
- Business Benefits
- Case Studies
- SAFe at the Team Level
- Overview of Scrum plus XP in SAFe
- Roles in ScrumXP
- The Power of "Ba"
- Backlog Sizing and Estimating
- Estimating and Planning
- Code Quality and Continuous Integration
- SAFe at the Program Level
- What is an ART?
- What are the Rules of an ART?
- What new Roles are added?
- Identifying ART opportunities
- Program Vision and Roadmap
- Optimal ROI and the Economics of the Cost of Delay
- ART Duration Estimating
- Release Planning and Managing the Train
- SAFe at the Portfolio Level
- What is Portfolio Program Management (PPM)?
- What is PPM's role in Strategy and Investment Funding?
- What is PPM's role in Governance?
- Dealing with Legacy Mindsets
- Agile Architecture
- Architecture in SAFe
- ART and System Architecture
- 7 Principles of Agile Architecture
- SAFe's Architectural Runway
- Scaling Leadership How to scale Lean and Agile leadership across the enterprise.
- Becoming a Lean Agile Leader
- Managing your Knowledge Workers
- Creating Purpose and Articulating
- Product Vision
- Analyzing the Value Stream
- Assessing Agile Teams
- Coaching with Powerful Questions
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Our instructors are passionate at teaching and are experts in their respective fields. Our average NetCom instructor has many, many years of real-world experience and impart their priceless, valuable knowledge to our students every single day.
See our world-class instructors.
Back to Top