ITIL®-SD: Intermediate LifeCycle: ITIL® Service Design with Certification Exam
The IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) certification scheme, providing a modular approach to the ITIL framework, is comprised of a series of qualifications focused on different aspects of ITIL best practice to various degrees of depth and detail.
The Service Design (SD) module is one of the certifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle work stream. It focuses on the design of IT services and covers the architectures, processes, policies and documentation that will enable you to design services that meet the needs of the organization or programme.
course introduces the purpose, principles and processes of service design and will also teach you how to organize and implement this as part of overall service management as well as providing guidance on technology-related activities and considerations. It also demonstrates how service design relates to the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
The ITIL Service Design certificate training is available in different delivery modalities including interactive online classes and instructor-led classroom training. This training is conducted by industry experts who help the participants gain valuable practical knowledge and prepare for their certification exam.
NetCom is an Accredited Training Affiliate in partnership with ITpreneurs.
- Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Online Training
- Corporate Training
- Onsite Training
- One-on-One Training
- You will receive a course study book including case studies and sample exam questions
- You should acquire and read the ITIL Service Design core publication, which you should read as part of personal study
- Review your ITIL Foundation course materials
- Facilitated Training
- Exam Voucher
ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design (SD) Certificate Exam
ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Service Design (SD) Certificate
The ITIL Service Design (SD) exam can be taken in any of the following three ways:
- On the last day of the course, in-class exam
- In the comfort of your home and at any time, after the course completion via PeopleCert (online)
- At your convenience, at an eligible testing center
- Multiple choice examination questions
- Number of Questions: 8
- Pass Score: 28/40 or 70%
- Exam Duration: 90 minutes
- Open/Closed Book: Closed Book
- Upon successfully achieving the ITIL Service Design certificate, the participants earn three credits toward their ITIL Expert certification
ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. IT Infrastructure Library® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. The ITIL Accredited Training Organization logo is a Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited
- » Capacity Manager
- » Availability Manager
- » Service Level Manager
- » Business Continuity Manager
- » Service Portfolio Manager
Back to Top
- » Service management as a practice and service design principles, purpose, and objective
- » How all service design processes interact with other service lifecycle processes
- » The sub-processes, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the service design processes
- » Roles and responsibilities within service design and the activities and functions to achieve
- » operational excellence
- » How to measure service design performance
- » Technology and implementation requirements in support of service design
- » Challenges, key performance indicators (KPIs), critical success factors (CSFs), and risks related with service design
Back to Top
- Introduction to service design
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service design
- The scope of service design
- The business value of service design activities
- The context of service design in the ITIL service lifecycle
- Service design inputs and outputs and the contents and use of the service design package and service acceptance criteria
- Service design principles
- Design service solutions related to a customer’s needs
- Design and utilize the service portfolio to enhance business value
- The measurement systems and metrics
- Service design models to accommodate different service solutions
- Service design processes
- The interaction of service design processes
- The flow of service design as it relates to the business and customer
- The five design aspects and how they are incorporated into the service design process
- Service design technology-related activities
- Requirements engineering in the design process and utilizing the three types of requirements as identified for any system; functional, management/operations and usability
- The design of technical architectures for data and information management, and application management
- Organizing for service design
- How to design, implement and populate a RACI diagram for any process that is within the scope of IT service management
- The service design roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used and how a service design organization would be structured to use these roles
- Technology considerations
- Service design related service management tools, where and how they would be used
- The benefits and types of tools that support service design
- Implementation and improvement of service design
- The six-stage implementation/improvement cycle and how the activities in each stage of the cycle are applied
- How business impact analysis, service level requirements and risk assessment can affect service design solutions
Back to Top
- » ITIL Intd SD Exam PU Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SD exam taken at home, with online proctor
- » ITIL Intd SD Exam Onsite Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SD exam proctored by NetCom for private sessions only
- » ITIL Intd SD Exam VUE Voucher : ITIL Intermediate SD exam taken at a local VUE test center
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- High-skilled trainer and speaker. Delivered presentations in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York, and China.
- ITIL V3 Expert, teaching ITIL courses since 2005. More than 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams.
- Process Improvement Expert with more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna is an expert in project management and Process Improvement. Her amazing presentation skills have taken her around the world, giving arrangements in Dubai, Tokyo, London, New York and China to name a few. "The Donna", as she is known in the industry, has more than 15 years of experience in the Support Center industry as a practitioner, consultant and certified trainer.
Donna holds ITIL V3 Expert Certification and offers training and consulting services through NetCom Learning on Process Improvement framework as well as the ITIL practitioner level suite of Lifecycle and Capability Stream certification courses. She began presenting ITIL classes in 2005, and 99% of her students have passed their ITIL Certification exams. Along with ITIL courses, she promotes best practices in the support center industry, focusing on customer service skills training, individual and support center certification, training and consulting, and process infrastructure improvement.
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
Back to Top