CXD-303: Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Advanced Management with App Layering, WEM, and HDX
Get more value out of your XenApp and XenDesktop investment through the use of Workspace Environment Management, Application Layering, advanced features, and troubleshooting tools. You?ll leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions such as multi-zone environments spanning multiple locations with configurations around StoreFront, the Delivery Controllers, and HDX. You'll gain the skills to improve logon times, user personalization, and resource performance through Workspace Environment Management. Also, learn to optimize management of your app and desktop images by building and combining App Layers.
- » This course is built for experienced IT Professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects responsible for the end user workspace, and overall health and performance of the solution.
Back to Top
- » How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- » Understand Zones in XenApp and XenDesktop and how to account for user and desktop locations and optimal connection and registration
- » How to configure and manage App Layering with XenApp and XenDesktop
- » Understand and configure HDX channels and protocols for improved performance delivering multimedia and data over network connections
- » Understand user connection flows and tools to better troubleshoot end user issues
Back to Top
- Intermediate Site Architecture
- FMA Services
- SQL database connectivity and security
- Multi-zone VDA registration
- Zone preference
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) (Extended Module)
- Introduction to WEM
- Optimizing resource consumption on VDA hosts
- Managing the end-user experience with WEM
- Moving to WEM
- StoreFront Optimization and Routing
- User experience optimizations
- StoreFront branding
- Optimal Gateway routing and Zones
- Subscription Store
- HDX and Multimedia
- HDX in the network
- Enlightened Data Protocol (EDT)
- Multimedia delivery and redirection
- Delivering Skype for Business with XenApp and XenDesktop
- App Layering (Full day module)
- App Layering Introduction
- Layering Architecture
- Creating Layers
- App Layering Maintenance
- Supporting and Troubleshooting
- Session Launch
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer.
- An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, as well as select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
- High-skilled and acclaimed instructor. Has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning.
Michael has over 22 years of professional experience in the IT field, including more than a decade as a Certified Trainer. An expert in Cisco's Routing, Switching, Security, Voice and Wireless areas, Michael also teaches select Microsoft, Novell, CompTIA, Sun and CWNP courses.
Michael's dedication and passion for teaching is unmatched. He has trained over 900 students at Netcom Learning since 2006 and his evaluation scores average 8.7 out of 9.
- Citrix expert with an extensive number of Citrix certifications such as CCI, CCA, CCAA, and MCSA to name a few.
- Strong experience with system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia.
- First certified in 1974 in Electronics Design and since then working in the IT field.
Jessy is a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) as well as a Citrix Certified Instructor (CCI) working in the IT field since 1974, with a focus on integration and training. He holds more than 9 Citrix certifications, making him a true Citrix expert, and sharing the NetCom Learning values of becoming a lifelong learner.
Jessy has a strong background in system designs, project planning, and implementation of network resources. He has worked for companies across US, Eastern Russia and Asia and now focuses on Citrix training, where he recognized as one of the top trainers in Citrix technology and certifications.
Back to Top
2 reasons. I would tell people to work directly with Bill Dolan. He's a true professional that knows this space well and encourages us to do more business with Netcom. Secondly the technical expertise for most class is above par compared to the staff at other training facilties. I recently took and MS Exchange class with Hisham and gained a great deal of knowledge that will help me. Hisham offered much more than the core curriculum.
» CXA-206-1: Citrix XenApp 6.5 Basic Administration
More testimonials »
Back to Top