CompTIA A+ and Network+ Certification Prep Boot Camp (7 days)
- » Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- » Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- » Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- » Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- » Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- » Install and configure peripheral components.
- » Manage system components.
- » Manage data storage.
- » Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- » Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- » Work with other operating systems.
- » Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- » Identify network technologies.
- » Install and configure networking capabilities.
- » Support mobile digital devices.
- » Support printers and multifunction devices.
- » Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- » Implement security controls.
- » Troubleshoot system-wide issues.
- » Describe the purpose of networking protocols and networking in general
- » Identify features of various network operating systems and the clients used to access them.
- » Describe the OSI networking model and its relationship to networking components.
- » Describe the network components relating to the Physical layer of the OSI model.
- » Describe the function of the Data Link layer of the OSI model.
- » Explain how data is transmitted over a network.
- » Describe the function of the Network layer of the OSI model.
- » Describe the function of the Transport layer of the OSI model.
- » Describe the function of the Session layer of the OSI model.
- » Explain the fundamental concepts of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- » Explain the use of TCP/IP addresses and subnets.
- » Access and use a TCP/IP network.
- » Describe the requirements for remote network access.
- » Explain the need for and ways to implement network security and fault tolerance.
- » Describe the types of information that need to be gathered prior to installing or updating a network operating system.
- » Explain ways to monitor and manage a network.
- » Describe a systematic approach for troubleshooting network problems.
Back to Top
- » N10-006: CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam
- » 220-901: CompTIA A+ Certification Exam
- » 220-902: CompTIA A+ Certification Exam
Back to Top
This boot camp class prepares the student for the certification exam and on the path of getting certified.
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals, certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you've invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
For organizations, certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skills to support its claims.
Back to Top
» Instructor-led Training -- Learn from expert instructors who are themselves certified and have years of experience in the real world as well as in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are part-time consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
» High Quality Courseware -- Vendor Authorized course ware. In addition you will get pre-study material when you sign up, so you are well prepared for the course.
» 3 Test Vouchers -- The boot camp includes three test vouchers for students attending the full boot camp, at no additional cost. You can use the vouchers towards the A+ 220-901 & 220-902 and N+ 10-006 exams.
» Certification Attainment Policy (CAP) -- We are confident of the quality of our Boot Camp. Please see our CAP section below for details.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Managers and supervisors who must oversee network-related activities
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Networking expert with several Cisco certifications, including CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCSI, and CCVP.
- Has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
- Average rating of 8.75 out of 9 on student evaluation reports.
David has been in the Networking field for the past eleven years and holds several Cisco certifications. He has been an instructor since 2005 and has taught over 90 courses at NetCom Learning.
David is an extremely enthusiastic trainer with a raw passion towards teaching and delivering Cisco information and takes great pride in his career as an instructor, which has lead him to develop and deliver the class in his own unique way; very professional and knowledgeable, yet pleasant and enjoyable. His classes have a high passing rate for students taking certification exams, and averages 8.75 out of 9 on evaluation reports.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
Back to Top
Sep 01 2017
Great Teacher! He is great at explaining things and makes sure you really understand. Loved his teaching method. He provides detailed information and elaborates on things so you can better understand. I would take his class again.
- Lesley G.
» CompTIA Network+ Certification
More testimonials »
Back to Top
Our customers come first. Awards come second, naturally.
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose CompTIA Training at NetCom Learning?
NetCom Learning is a proud member of the CompTIA Learning Alliance. NetCom is also a Platinum level CompTIA Authorized Partner, the highest level of recognition as a CompTIA training provider. Make sure you invest in quality authorized training so your hard-earned money does not go to waste. It does make a difference!
CompTIA Learning Alliance Value Proposition:
|CompTIA Learning Alliance
||Non-authorized Training Center
|Only CompTIA Certified Instructors are authorized to teach the class
||Not required, non qualified instructors can teach the class
|Required to use the CompTIA Approved Curriculum
||Do not have access to official approved curriculum
|Required to adhere to stringent CompTIA designated lab requirements
||Computer and lab equipment may not be up to requirements of course
|Required to provide testing service
||Not required, may need to take testing with an outside vendor
|Overall, a better quality training experience
||Substandard training experience
Important web links:
» CompTIA Courses
» Learning Plans
» Our PDF Course Catalog
» FREE Webinars
» Student Loans as low as $25 per month
» Why NetCom?
NetCom Learning provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Certification Attainment Policy (CAP)
If you are not able to attain all certifications during the boot camp, you can attend the boot camp again within a period of one year, if it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for test vouchers and optional travel. If the courseware has changed, you must purchase the latest material. CAP would not apply if the class you want to reattend is for a different certification.
Back to Top
The courseware NetCom uses for CompTIA A+ and Network+ instructor-led training was awarded a perfect rating of 5.0 out of 5.0 from ProCert Labs. ProCert Labs is the quality assurance standard for curriculum alignment.
According to ProCert Labs, the reviewers commended the course's easy-to-follow instructional design, exam objectives correlations, and exercises that provide real-world situations and scenarios.
Utilizing only the best official courseware is just one of the ways NetCom strives to ensure your success!
Back to Top