No schedules is available for this course, however, there are other similar courses with available schedules:
Mar 5, 2018–Mar 9, 2018
Guaranteed to run class (GTR)
Mar 19, 2018–Mar 23, 2018
Mar 26, 2018–Mar 30, 2018
Back to Top
- » Explain how to use Visual Studio 2012 to create and run a Web application.
- » Describe the new features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- » Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by using XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX operations.
- » Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- » Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- » Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- » Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- » Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- » Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- » Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- » Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by using Web Worker processes.
Back to Top
- Overview of HTML and CSS
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
- Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
- Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Introduction to jQuery
- Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
- Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input
- Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
- Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
- Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
- Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
- Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
- Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
- Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
- Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
- Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Creating Advanced Graphics
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
- Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
- Animating the User Interface
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
- Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
- Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
- Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Creating a Web Worker Process
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
- Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process
Back to Top
20486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications Boot Camp (3 days)
- » Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application
- » Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests
- » Implement a complete membership system in an MVC web application
- » Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences
- » Describe how to write a Microsoft Azure web service and call it from and MVC application
- » Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application
- » Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application
- » Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production
Back to Top
- Exploring ASP.NET MVC 5
- Overview of Microsoft Web Technologies
- Overview of ASP.NET
- Introduction to ASP.NET MVC 5
- Lab : Exploring ASP.NET MVC 5
- Designing ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Planning in the Project Design Phase
- Designing Models, Controllers, and Views
- Lab : Designing ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Models
- Creating MVC Models
- Working with Data
- Lab : Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Models
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Controllers
- Writing Controllers and Actions
- Writing Action Filters
- Lab : Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Controllers
- Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Views
- Creating Views with Razor Syntax
- Using HTML Helpers
- Re-using Code in Views
- Lab : Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Views
- Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Unit Testing MVC Components
- Implementing an Exception Handling Strategy
- Lab : Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Structuring ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Analyzing Information Architecture
- Configuring Routes
- Creating a Navigation Structure
- Lab : Structuring ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Using Layouts
- Applying CSS Styles to an MVC Applicaiton
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
- Lab : Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Using AJAX and Partial Page Updates
- Implementing a Caching Strategy
- Lab : Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Using jQuery and jQueryUI
- Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Implementing Authentication and Authorization
- Assigning Roles and Membership
- Lab : Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Application
- Developing Secure Sites
- State Management
- Lab : Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Application
- Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Developing a Web API
- Calling a Web API from Mobile and Web Applications
- Lab : Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Using HTTP Modules and HTTP Handlers
- Using Web Sockets
- Lab : Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Deploying ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
- Deploying a Web Application
- Deploying an ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Application
- Lab : Deploying ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications
Back to Top
20487: Developing Windows Azure and Web Services Boot Camp (3 days)
- » Query and manipulate data with Entity Framework
- » Use ASP.NET Web API to create HTTP-based services and consume them from .NET and non-.NET clients
- » Extend ASP.NET Web API services using message handlers, model binders, action filters, and media type formatters
- » Create SOAP-based services with the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) and consume them from .NET clients
- » Apply design principles to service contracts and extend WCF services using custom runtime components and behaviors
- » Secure WCF services using transport and message security
- » Use Windows Azure Service Bus for relayed messaging and brokered messaging using queues and topics
- » Host services on on-premises servers, and on various Windows Azure environments, such as Web Roles, Worker Roles, and Web Sites
- » Deploy services to both on-premises servers and Windows Azure
- » Store and access data in Windows Azure Storage, and configure storage access rights
- » Monitor and log services, both on-premises and in Windows Azure
- » Implement federated authentication by using ACS with ASP.NET Web API services
- » Create scalable, load-balanced services
Back to Top
- Overview of service and cloud technologies
- Key Components of Distributed Applications
- Data and Data Access Technologies
- Service Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Exploring the Blue Yonder Airlines Travel Companion Application
- Lab : Exploring the work environment
- Querying and Manipulating Data Using Entity Framework
- ADO.NET Overview
- Creating an Entity Data Model
- Querying Data
- Manipulating Data
- Lab : Creating a Data Access Layer by Using Entity Framework
- Creating and Consuming ASP.NET Web API Services
- HTTP Services
- Creating an ASP.NET Web API Service
- Handling HTTP Requests and Responses
- Hosting and Consuming ASP.NET Web API Services
- Lab : Creating the Travel Reservation ASP.NET Web API Service
- Extending and Securing ASP.NET Web API Services
- The ASP.NET Web API Pipeline
- Creating OData Services
- Implementing Security in ASP.NET Web API Services
- Injecting Dependencies into Controllers
- Lab : Extending Travel Companion's ASP.NET Web API Services
- Creating WCF Services
- Advantages of Creating Services with WCF
- Creating and Implementing a Contract
- Configuring and Hosting WCF Services
- Consuming WCF Services
- Lab : Creating and Consuming the WCF Booking Service
- Hosting Services
- Hosting Services On-Premises
- Hosting Services in Windows Azure
- Lab : Hosting Services
- Windows Azure Service Bus
- What Are Windows Azure Service Bus Relays?
- Windows Azure Service Bus Queues
- Windows Azure Service Bus Topics
- Lab : Windows Azure Service Bus
- Deploying Services
- Web Deployment with Visual Studio 2012
- Creating and Deploying Web Application Packages
- Command-Line Tools for Web Deploy
- Deploying Web and Service Applications to Windows Azure
- Continuous Delivery with TFS and Git
- Best Practices for Production Deployment
- Lab : Deploying Services
- Windows Azure Storage
- Introduction to Windows Azure Storage
- Windows Azure Blob Storage
- Windows Azure Table Storage
- Windows Azure Queue Storage
- Restricting Access to Windows Azure Storage
- Lab : Windows Azure Storage
- Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Performing Diagnostics by Using Tracing
- Configuring Service Diagnostics
- Monitoring Services Using Windows Azure Diagnostics
- Collecting Windows Azure Metrics
- Lab : Monitoring and Diagnostics
- Identity Management and Access Control
- Claims-based Identity Concepts
- Using the Windows Azure Access Control Service
- Configuring Services to Use Federated Identities
- Handling Federated Identities on the Client Side
- Lab : Identity Management and Access Control
- Scaling Services
- Introduction to Scalability
- Load Balancing
- Scaling On-Premises Services with Distributed Cache
- Windows Azure Caching
- Caveats of Scaling Services
- Scaling Globally
- Lab : Scalability
Back to Top
- » 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- » 70-487: Developing Windows Azure and Web Services
Back to Top
This boot camp class prepares the student for the certification exam and on the path of getting certified.
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals, certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you've invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
For organizations, certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skills to support its claims.
Back to Top
» Instructor-led Training -- Learn from an expert Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Our expert instructors are themselves certified in the technologies they teach and have years of experience in the real world as well as in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are part-time consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
» High Quality Courseware -- Learn using the best courseware -- directly from Microsoft. We use custom MS curriculum for our training and customize it to meet the objectives of this boot camp style course.
» Test Vouchers -- The boot camp includes two test vouchers (70-480, 70-486 & 70-487), at no additional cost.
» 9 days of complete-immersion and distraction-free training -- Includes 90 hours of lectures, hands on labs, topic reviews, test preparation and testing.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
This course is intended for both novice and experienced .NET developers who have a minimum of six months programming experience, and want to learn how to develop services and deploy them to hybrid environments.
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
Back to Top
Our customers come first. Awards come second, naturally.
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose Microsoft - Technical Training at NetCom Learning?
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). CPLS is the premier training channel and delivery mechanism for Microsoft training content. NetCom was honored by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Partner of the Year for Learning Solutions. Selected as the Number One CPLS from over 1400 worldwide CPLSs, Microsoft recognized our commitment and ability to deliver high-quality learning services using a consultative engagement model.
Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions Value Proposition:
|Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions
||Non-authorized Training Center
|Only MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainers) are authorized to teach the class
||Non MCT can teach the course
|Taught using Microsoft Authorized Courseware (MOC), includes free evaluation software and online training
||Do not have access to official courseware
|Partners adhere to stringent Microsoft designated lab requirements
||Computer and lab equipment may not be up to requirements of course
|Successful candidates are awarded Certificate of Completion directly from Microsoft for most of the courses
||Not authorized to issue Certificate of Completion
|Software Assurance Vouchers can only be redeemed at a CPLS
||Cannot redeem Software Assurance Vouchers from Microsoft
|Overall, a better quality training experience
||Substandard training experience
Some important links:
» Learning Plans
» PDF Course Catalog
» FREE Webinars
» Student Loans as low as $25 per month
» Why NetCom?
NetCom Learning provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Back to Top
Contact us to customize this class with your own dates, times and location. You can also call 1-888-563-8266 or chat live with a Learning Consultant.
Back to Top
As a Microsoft Gold Learning Solutions Partner, NetCom Learning proudly accepts Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers. You can attend Microsoft training at NetCom Learning for free, by redeeming your Microsoft vouchers.
Call 1-(888)-563-8266 for more information.
Back to Top