No schedules is available for this course, however, there are other similar courses with available schedules:
Back to Top
10774: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Boot Camp (3 days)
- » Write SELECT Queries
- » Query Multiple Tables
- » Use Built-In Functions
- » Use Subqueries
- » Execute Stored Procedures
- » Use Set Operators
- » Implement Error Handling
- » Implementing Transactions
- » Use Table Expressions
- » Sort and Filter Data
- » Use Window Ranking, Offset and Aggregate Functions
- » Query SQL Server Metadata
- » Program with T-SQL
- » Improve Query Performance
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Describe SQL Server components
- Create and save T-SQL scripts in SQL Server Management Studio
- Browse the objects in a database
- Search T-SQL syntax definitions in Books Online
- Module 2: Introduction to Transact-SQL Querying
- Describe the elements of T-SQL and its role in writing queries
- Describe the use of sets in SQL Server
- Describe the use of predicate logic in SQL Server
- Define the logical order of operations in SELECT statements
- Module 3: Writing SELECT Queries
- Write Simple SELECT statements
- Eliminate duplicates using the DISTINCT clause
- Use column and table aliases
- Write simple CASE expressions
- Module 4: Querying Multiple Tables
- Describe how multiple tables may be queried in a SELECT statement using joins
- Write queries which use inner joins
- Write queries which use outer joins
- Write queries which use self-joins and cross joins
- Module 5: Sorting and Filtering Data
- Filter data with predicates in the WHERE clause
- Sort data using ORDER BY
- Filter data in the SELECT clause with TOP
- Filter data with OFFSET and FETCH
- Understand and handle NULLs
- Module 6: Working with SQL Server Denali Data Types
- Describe numeric data types, type precedence and type conversions
- Write queries using character data types
- Write queries using date and time data types
- Module 7: Using Built-In Functions
- Write queries with built-in scalar functions
- Use conversion functions
- Use logical functions
- Use functions that work with NULL
- Module 8: Grouping and Aggregating Data
- Write queries which summarize data using built-in aggregate functions
- Use the GROUP BY clause to arrange rows into groups
- Use the HAVING clause to filter out groups based on a search condition
- Module 9: Using Subqueries
- Use self-contained subqueries, correlated subqueries, scalar subqueries, and multi-valued subqueries
- Use the IN and EXISTS predicates
- Module 10: Using Table Expressions
- Write queries against views
- Use derived tables
- Use common table expressions
- Use inline table-valued expressions
- Module 11: Use Set Operators
- Describe the difference between a set and a multi-set
- Use the UNION and UNION ALL operators
- Use CROSS APPLY, OUTER APPLY and APPLY
- Use EXCEPT and INTERSECT operators
- Module 12: Using Window Ranking, Offset and Aggregate Functions
- Use window ranking functions ROW_NUMBER, RANK, DENSE_RANK, NTILE
- Use offset functions LAG, LEAD, FIRST_VALUE, LAST_VALUE
- Use window aggregate functions
- Use the basic forms of window partitioning, window ordering and window framing
- Module 13: Pivoting and Grouping Sets
- Use the basic form of PIVOT and UNPIVOT operators
- Use the fundamental form of GROUPING SETS clause
- Module 14: Querying SQL Server Metadata
- Write queries against system catalog views and functions
- Execute system stored procedures
- Identify and query system dynamic management objects
- Describe security permissions necessary to query system objects
- Module 15: Executing Stored Procedures
- Invoke existing stored procedures with EXECUTE
- Pass input parameters and receive output parameters
- Generate dynamic SQL statements
- Module 16: Programming with T-SQL
- Understand where T-SQL programming objects can be used
- Declare variables and delimit batches
- Use control of flow elements such as IF, WHILE, BEGIN, END, RETURN
- Use synonyms
- Module 17: Implementing Error Handling
- Describe the behavior of SQL Server when errors occur in T-SQL code
- Use TRY/CATCH blocks to handle error flow
- Understand ERROR class functions
- Module 18: Implementing Transactions
- Describe the benefits of using transactions
- Control transactions with BEGIN, COMMIT, ROLLBACK
- Describe error handling behavior in transactions
- Module 19: Improving Query Performance
- Describe how SQL Server uses indexes to support query execution
- Enable the display of execution plans in SQL Server Management Studio
- Enable system IO and time information in query results
- Describe the differences between accessing data in sets versus via cursors
Back to Top
10775: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases Boot Camp (3 days)
- » Plan and install SQL Server.
- » Describes the system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- » Explain the concept of the transaction log and SQL Server recovery models and implement different backup strategies available with SQL Server.
- » Create SQL Server Backups.
- » Restore SQL Server databases.
- » Use the import/export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS.
- » Work with SQL Server security models, logins and users.
- » Work with fixed server roles, user-defined server roles, fixed database roles and user-defined database roles.
- » Work with permissions and the assignment of permissions.
- » Work with SQL Server Audit.
- » Work with SQL Server Agent, jobs and job history.
- » Implement SQL Server agent security, proxy accounts and credentials.
- » Configure database mail, alerts and notifications.
- » Create database maintenance plans.
- » Work with SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures.
- » Introduce DMVs and the configuration of data collection.
- » Work with Central Management Servers and Multi-Server queries, Virtualization of SQL Server and Data-Tier Applications.
- » Troubleshoot SQL Server databases.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012 and its Toolset
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Working with SQL Server Tools
- Configuring SQL Server Services
- Module 2: Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2012
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- Planning Server Resource Requirements
- Pre-installation Testing for SQL Server
- Module 3: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2012
- Preparing to Install SQL Server
- Installing SQL Server
- Upgrading and Automating Installation
- Module 4: Working with Databases
- Overview of SQL Server Databases
- Working with Files and Filegroups
- Moving Database Files
- Module 5: Understanding SQL Server 2012 Recovery Models
- Backup Strategies
- Understanding SQL Server Transaction Logging
- Planning a SQL Server Backup Strategy
- Module 6: Backup of SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Backing up Databases and Transaction Logs
- Managing Database Backups
- Working with Backup Options
- Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Understanding the Restore Process
- Restoring Databases
- Working with Point-in-time recovery
- Restoring System Databases and Individual Files
- Module 8: Importing and Exporting Data
- Transferring Data To/From SQL Server
- Importing & Exporting Table Data
- Inserting Data in Bulk
- Module 9: Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Authenticating Connections to SQL Server
- Authorizing Logins to Access Databases
- Authorization Across Servers
- Module 10: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Working with Server Roles
- Working with Fixed Database Roles
- Creating User-defined Database Roles
- Module 11: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Authorizing User Access to Objects
- Authorizing Users to Execute Code
- Configuring Permissions at the Schema Level
- Module 12: Auditing SQL Server Environments
- Options for Auditing Data Access in SQL
- Implementing SQL Server Audit
- Managing SQL Server Audit
- Module 13: Automating SQL Server 2012 Management
- Automating SQL Server Management
- Working with SQL Server Agent
- Managing SQL Server Agent Jobs
- Module 14: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Understanding SQL Server Agent Security
- Configuring Credentials
- Configuring Proxy Accounts
- Module 15: Monitoring SQL Server 2012 with Alerts and Notifications
- Configuration of Database Mail
- Monitoring SQL Server Errors
- Configuring Operators, Alerts and Notifications
- Module 16: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
- Module 17: Tracing Access to SQL Server 2012
- Capturing Activity using SQL Server Profiler
- Improving Performance with the Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- Working with Tracing Options
- Module 18: Monitoring SQL Server 2012
- Monitoring Activity
- Capturing and Managing Performance Data
- Analyzing Collected Performance Data
- Module 19: Managing Multiple Servers
- Working with Multiple Servers
- Virtualizing SQL Server
- Deploying and Upgrading Data-Tier Applications
- Module 20: Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2012 Administrative Issues
- SQL Server Troubleshooting Methodology
- Resolving Service-related Issues
- Resolving Concurrency Issues
- Resolving Login and Connectivity Issues
Back to Top
- » 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014 Databases
Back to Top
This boot camp class prepares the student for the certification exam and on the path of getting certified.
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals, certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you've invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
For organizations, certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skills to support its claims.
Back to Top
» Instructor-led Training -- Learn from an expert Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Our expert instructors are themselves certified in the technologies they teach and have years of experience in the real world as well as in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are part-time consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
» High Quality Courseware -- Learn using the best course ware -- directly from Microsoft. We use custom MS curriculum for our training and customize it to meet the objectives of this boot camp style course.
» Test Vouchers -- The Boot Camp includes test vouchers (70-461, 70-462 & 70-463), at no additional cost.
» Certification Attainment Policy (CAP) -- We are confident of the quality of our Boot Camp. Please see our CAP section below for details.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job. The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
Back to Top
Our customers come first. Awards come second, naturally.
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose Microsoft - Technical Training at NetCom Learning?
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). CPLS is the premier training channel and delivery mechanism for Microsoft training content. NetCom was honored by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Partner of the Year for Learning Solutions. Selected as the Number One CPLS from over 1400 worldwide CPLSs, Microsoft recognized our commitment and ability to deliver high-quality learning services using a consultative engagement model.
Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions Value Proposition:
|Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions
||Non-authorized Training Center
|Only MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainers) are authorized to teach the class
||Non MCT can teach the course
|Taught using Microsoft Authorized Courseware (MOC), includes free evaluation software and online training
||Do not have access to official courseware
|Partners adhere to stringent Microsoft designated lab requirements
||Computer and lab equipment may not be up to requirements of course
|Successful candidates are awarded Certificate of Completion directly from Microsoft for most of the courses
||Not authorized to issue Certificate of Completion
|Software Assurance Vouchers can only be redeemed at a CPLS
||Cannot redeem Software Assurance Vouchers from Microsoft
|Overall, a better quality training experience
||Substandard training experience
Some important links:
» Learning Plans
» PDF Course Catalog
» FREE Webinars
» Student Loans as low as $25 per month
» Why NetCom?
NetCom Learning provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Certification Attainment Policy (CAP)
If you are not able to attain all certifications during the boot camp, you can attend the boot camp again within a period of one year, if it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for test vouchers and optional travel. If the courseware has changed, you must purchase the latest material. CAP would not apply if the class you want to reattend is for a different certification.
Back to Top
Contact us to customize this class with your own dates, times and location. You can also call 1-888-563-8266 or chat live with a Learning Consultant.
Back to Top
As a Microsoft Gold Learning Solutions Partner, NetCom Learning proudly accepts Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers. You can attend Microsoft training at NetCom Learning for free, by redeeming your Microsoft vouchers.
Call 1-(888)-563-8266 for more information.
Back to Top