No schedules is available for this course, however, there are other similar courses with available schedules:
Mar 5, 2018–Mar 9, 2018
Guaranteed to run class (GTR)
Mar 26, 2018–Mar 30, 2018
Back to Top
10265: Developing Data Access Solutions with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Boot Camp (3.5 days)
- » Evaluate a variety of business cases, and then select an appropriate combination of data access technologies and tools most appropriate to each case. Describe the roles of Entity Framework, WCF Data Services, and ADO.NET for building and maintaining applications. Use LINQ on top of these technologies to improve productivity and the quality of their applications.
- » Use the tools provided with the Entity Framework to map the conceptual model used by the business logic of an application to the logical data model provided by a database.
- » Query an Entity Data Model (EDM) by using common methods such as LINQ to Entities, Entity SQL, and the classes in the EntityClient namespace.
- » Perform data modification tasks on data in an EDM.
- » Explain the function of the Object Services model implemented by the Entity Framework and the support provided by the Object Services API for addressing the issues faced by enterprise applications that have to handle multiple concurrent users simultaneously accessing the same data .
- » Describe best practices for designing and building a scalable, optimized data access layer by using Object Services.
- » Customize and extend entities with their own business logic and use advanced mappings to shape the data model to their business and application requirements.
- » Reuse existing business classes in a data access layer built by using the Entity Framework.
- » Address the architectural issues that can arise when building an n-tier enterprise application by using the Entity Framework.
- » Build extensible solutions that can update data in an n-tier enterprise application by using the Entity Framework.
- » Access offline data or data that that has limited availability in client applications.
- » Design, develop, and consume a simple WCF Data Service.
- » Use WCF Data Services to update and delete data and to handle multi-user concerns.
- » Develop high performance, scalable ADO.NET applications that can query and update data.
- » Explain how LINQ to SQL enables development against a logical model which abstracts the low-level details of querying ADO.NET tables and result sets.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Architecture and Data Access Technologies
- Data Access Technologies
- Data Access Scenarios
- Module 2: Building Entity Data Models
- Introduction to Entity Data Models
- Modifying the Entity Data Model
- Customizing the Entity Data Model
- Module 3: Querying Entity Data
- Retrieving Data by Using LINQ to Entities
- Retrieving Data by Using Entity SQL
- Retrieving Data by Using EntityClient Provider
- Retrieving Data by Using Stored Procedures
- Unit Testing Your Data Access Code
- Module 4: Creating, Updating, and Deleting Entity Data
- Understanding Change Tracking in the Entity Framework
- Modifying Data in an Entity Data Model
- Module 5: Handling Multi-User Scenarios by Using Object Services
- Handling Concurrency in the Entity Framework
- Transactional Support in the Entity Framework
- Module 6: Building Optimized Solutions by Using Object Services
- The Stages of Query Execution
- Change Tracking and Object Materialization
- Using Compiled Queries
- Using Design-Time Generated Entity Framework Views
- Monitoring Performance
- Performing Asynchronous Data Modifications
- Module 7: Customizing Entities and Building Custom Entity Classes
- Overriding Generated Classes
- Using Templates to Customize Entities
- Creating and Using Custom Entity Classes
- Module 8: Using POCO Classes with the Entity Framework
- Requirements for POCO Classes
- POCO Classes and Lazy Loading
- POCO Classes and Change Tracking
- Extending Entity Types
- Module 9: Building an N-Tier Solution by Using the Entity Framework
- Designing an N-Tier Solution
- Defining Operations and Implementing Data Transport Structures
- Protecting Data and Operations
- Module 10: Handling Updates in an N-Tier Solution by Using the Entity Framework
- Tracking Entities and Persisting Changes
- Managing Exceptions in an N-Tier Solution
- Module 11: Building Occasionally Connected Solutions
- Offline Data Caching by Using XML
- Using the Sync Framework
- Module 12: Querying Data by Using WCF Data Services
- Introduction to WCF Data Services
- Creating a WCF Data Service
- Consuming a WCF Data Service
- Protecting Data and Operations in a WCF Data Service
- Module 13: Updating Data by Using WCF Data Services
- Creating, Updating, and Deleting Data in a WCF Data Service
- Preventing Unauthorized Updates and Improving Performance
- Using WCF Data Services with Nonrelational Data
- Module 14: Using ADO.NET
- Retrieving and Modifying Data by Using ADO.NET Commands
- Retrieving and Modifying Data by Using DataSets
- Managing Transactions and Concurrency in Multiuser Scenarios
- Module 15: Using LINQ to SQL
- Implementing a Logical Data Model by Using LINQ to SQL
- Managing Performance and Handling Concurrency
Back to Top
10264: Developing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Boot Camp (3.5 days)
- » Describe the underlying architecture and design of a Web application.
- » Apply best practices and make appropriate trade-offs based on business requirements when designing a Web application.
- » Develop MVC models.
- » Develop MVC controllers.
- » Develop MVC views.
- » Optimize the design of a Web application for discoverability by search engines.
- » Write server-side code for Web Forms.
- » Optimize data management for Web Forms.
- » Ensure quality by debugging, unit testing, and refactoring.
- » Secure a Web application.
- » Apply Master Pages and CSS for a consistent application UI.
- » Develop client-side scripts and services for a responsive, rich, and interactive UI.
- » Implement advanced AJAX in a Web application.
- » Deploy a Web application.
- » Develop a Web application by using Silverlight.
Back to Top
- Module 1: Overview of Web Application Design
- Overview of IIS 7.0
- Overview of ASP.NET 4.0
- Introduction to the MVC Framework
- Overview of the Request Life Cycle
- Module 2: Designing a Web Application
- Web Applications: Case Studies
- Web Application Design Essentials
- Guidelines for Determining When to Use Web Forms and MVC
- Visual Studio 2010 Tools and Technologies for Web Application Design
- Module 3: Developing MVC Models
- Exploring Ways to Create MVC Models
- Creating a Data Repository
- Module 4: Developing MVC Controllers
- Implementing MVC Controllers
- Creating Action Methods
- Module 5: Developing MVC Views
- Implementing MVC Views
- Implementing Strongly-Typed MVC Views
- Implementing Partial MVC Views
- Module 6: Designing for Discoverability
- Overview of Search Engine Optimization
- Creating the Robots and Sitemap Files
- Using ASP.NET Routing
- Module 7: Writing Server-Side Code for Web Forms
- Overview of the Structure of a Web Application
- Controlling ViewState
- Localizing a Web Application
- Persisting Data on a Web Forms Page
- Validating User Input
- Module 8: Optimizing Data Management for Web Forms
- Managing Data by Using LINQ to Entities
- Using Data Source Controls
- Using ASP.NET Dynamic Data
- Module 9: Ensuring Quality by Debugging, Unit Testing, and Refactoring
- Debugging and Refactoring Code
- Unit Testing Code
- Processing Unhandled Exceptions
- Test Driven Development
- Module 10: Securing a Web Application
- Configuring Authentication
- Configuring ASP.NET Membership
- Managing Authorization by Using ASP.NET Roles
- Module 11: Applying Master Pages and CSS
- Applying Master Pages
- Applying CSS, Skins, and Themes
- Module 12: Developing Client Side Scripts and Services
- Developing Client-Side Scripts
- Implementing AJAX
- Creating Services
- Module 13: Implementing Advanced AJAX in a Web Application
- Implementing AJAX in ASP.NET MVC Pages Using Microsoft AJAX
- Implementing AJAX in ASP.NET MVC Pages Using jQuery
- Working With jQuery and AJAX Events
- Module 14: Deploying a Web Application
- Overview of Web Application Deployments
- Overview of Web Site Deployments
- Deploying AdventureWorks
- Module 15: Developing a Web Application by Using Silverlight
- Introduction to Rich Internet Applications
- Overview of Silverlight
- Creating a Silverlight Application
Back to Top
This boot camp class prepares the student for the certification exam and on the path of getting certified.
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals, certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you've invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
For organizations, certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skills to support its claims.
Back to Top
» Instructor-led Training -- Learn from an expert Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT). Our expert instructors are themselves certified in the technologies they teach and have years of experience in the real world as well as in teaching. A large majority of our instructors are part-time consultants and provide solutions to a wide variety of companies.
» High Quality Courseware -- Learn using the best courseware -- directly from Microsoft. We use custom MS curriculum for our training and customize it to meet the objectives of this boot camp style course.
» Test Vouchers -- The boot camp includes two test vouchers (70-516 & 70-515) , at no additional cost.
» Certification Attainment Policy (CAP) -- We are confident of the quality of our boot camp. Please see our CAP section below for details.
» 7 days of complete-immersion and distraction-free training -- Includes 70 hours of lectures, hands on labs, topic reviews, test preparation and testing.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
Members of the audience have a minimum of two to three years of experience developing Web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and newer releases of the Visual Studio product. The audience understands how to use the new features of Visual Studio 2010.
Back to Top
- Highly-skilled in graphics and web software including Adobe CS3, CS4 & CS5 Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Captivate, Acrobat and Quark;
- Expert in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer since 2000.
- Over 20 years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations such as McCann Erickson, Lintas, and Publicis.
Carmille has been a Licensed Application Instructor and Microsoft Certified Trainer for years. She specializes in web development, business productivity and digital media applications such as SharePoint, Quark and the Adobe Creative Suite as well as numerous programming languages including XML, XHMTL, HTML and CSS.
Carmille is passionate about educating and has a unique talent for making complex design and development principals seem "easy" to students from all levels of expertise. She currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, Microsoft Office Specialist, SharePoint End User and the acclaimed Website Development Professional courses at NetCom Learning. Her 20+ years of experience as Creative Director for multinational corporations bring a special and innovative approach to her classes at NetCom Learning.
- Expert in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access as well as Adobe Graphic and Web Designer (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Flash Catalyst)
- Holds an A.A.S in Graphic Design as well as various Awards and Affiliations, including MCT, MCP, MCAS, and Office 2007 Master.
- Senior Lead Trainer for over 10 years.
Charles is a Technical Trainer & Instructional Designer for over 10 years. He is a Microsoft Certified Trainer and dedicates himself to Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, and Access. He is also an Adobe specialist and holds a degree in Graphic Design.
Charles is well known for his high evaluation scores, achieving 8.75 out of 9 on a regular basis, teaching in one-on-one, instructor-led, and web-based environments; one of the reasons for his high evaluation is his expertise in increasing personnel performance by developing and implementing programs constructed from the job task analysis process. Charles currently teaches Adobe Graphic and Web Designer, and Microsoft Office Specialist courses at NetCom Learning.
- Vastly experienced working within multinational environments and capable of connecting to different audiences
- In-depth expertise in the implementation, troubleshooting and documentation of networks and security systems, with strong "hands on" technical knowledge of CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
- Master of Science in Electronics Engineering, and holder of several technical certifications.
- Highly-skilled in diverse fields ranging from Security, Computer Forensics, Networking, Routing Protocols, Programming, Databases and Applications to name a few.
With over 25 years of technical experience, Emilio brings a dynamic set of skills supported by a Masters Degree in Electronics Engineering and on-the-field experience working in multinational environments. He also holds more than 12 Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft certifications. Although he is well versed and thorough in multiple technological fields, his technical forte lies in the security domain, specifically CISSP, CEH and CHFI.
Emilio's skills have evolved over time, studying closely and constantly staying well informed of the growing cyber threats. These are just some of the few reasons why Emilio brings to his classes more than just what's in the books.
- Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holder of several Cisco, CompTIA and Microsoft certifications.
- Experienced instructor working in the field since 1999 and Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006.
- Worked as Technical Support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank.
Enayat Meer has a Bachelors Degree in Mathematics and holds numerous certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCT, and MCTS to name a few. He is an experienced trainer, and has served as an A+, NT4.0, Window 2000 and Windows 2003 instructor in a variety of New York schools since 1999. Since that time, he has also provided technical support at Solomon Smith Barney/Citibank in its private banking and global assets management group.
Enayat has trained over 800 students at NetCom Learning. He has been a Subject Matter Expert at NetCom Learning since 2006 and his hands-on project expertise is an invaluable addition to NetCom Learning's classroom instruction, helping to bring theoretical topics to life.
Back to Top
Our customers come first. Awards come second, naturally.
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose Microsoft - Technical Training at NetCom Learning?
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). CPLS is the premier training channel and delivery mechanism for Microsoft training content. NetCom was honored by Microsoft as the 2007 Worldwide Partner of the Year for Learning Solutions. Selected as the Number One CPLS from over 1400 worldwide CPLSs, Microsoft recognized our commitment and ability to deliver high-quality learning services using a consultative engagement model.
Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions Value Proposition:
|Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions
||Non-authorized Training Center
|Only MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainers) are authorized to teach the class
||Non MCT can teach the course
|Taught using Microsoft Authorized Courseware (MOC), includes free evaluation software and online training
||Do not have access to official courseware
|Partners adhere to stringent Microsoft designated lab requirements
||Computer and lab equipment may not be up to requirements of course
|Successful candidates are awarded Certificate of Completion directly from Microsoft for most of the courses
||Not authorized to issue Certificate of Completion
|Software Assurance Vouchers can only be redeemed at a CPLS
||Cannot redeem Software Assurance Vouchers from Microsoft
|Overall, a better quality training experience
||Substandard training experience
Some important links:
» Learning Plans
» PDF Course Catalog
» FREE Webinars
» Student Loans as low as $25 per month
» Why NetCom?
NetCom Learning provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Certification Attainment Policy (CAP)
If you are not able to attain all certifications during the boot camp, you can attend the boot camp again within a period of one year, if it is still being offered and has availability. To attend, simply retain your course materials. You will need to pay for test vouchers and optional travel. If the courseware has changed, you must purchase the latest material. CAP would not apply if the class you want to reattend is for a different certification.
Back to Top
Contact us to customize this class with your own dates, times and location. You can also call 1-888-563-8266 or chat live with a Learning Consultant.
Back to Top
As a Microsoft Gold Learning Solutions Partner, NetCom Learning proudly accepts Microsoft Software Assurance Training Vouchers. You can attend Microsoft training at NetCom Learning for free, by redeeming your Microsoft vouchers.
Call 1-(888)-563-8266 for more information.
Back to Top