The course provides students with an environment to discuss and practice methods implemented by cybersecurity professionals in key areas aligned with global cyber security frameworks.
Students leave the course prepared to serve as complimentary team members for enterprises who are workforce ready.
No schedules is available for this course, however, there are other similar courses with available schedules:
Jan 15, 2018–Jan 19, 2018
Back to Top
CSX Practitioner (CSXP) Prep Boot Camp (5 days)
- Hardware Software Identification and Documentation
- Lab: Preliminary Scanning
- Network Discovery Tools
- Lab: Additional Scanning Options
- Sensitive Information Discovery
- Lab: Sensitive Information Identification
- Vulnerability Assessment Process
- Lab: Vulnerability Scanner Set-up and Configuration
- Patch Upgrade Configure Vulnerability Scanners
- Lab: Vulnerability Scanner Set-up and Configuration, Part 2
- Specific Cyber Controls
- Lab: System Hardening
- Collecting Event Data
- Lab: Firewall Setup and Configuration
- Verifying the Effectiveness of Controls
- Lab: Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
- Monitoring Controls
- Lab: IDS Setup
- Updating Cyber Security Controls
- Lab: Personal Security Products
- Patch Management
- Lab: Linux Users and Groups
- Verifying Identities and Credentials
- Cyber Security Procedures Standards
- Analyze Network Traffic Using Monitors
- Lab: Using Snort and Wireshark to Analyze Traffic
- Detect Malicious Activity AntiVirus
- Lab: Detect the Introduction and Execution of Malicious Activity
- Assess Available Event Information
- Lab: Analyze and Classify Malware
- Baselines for Anomaly Detection
- Lab: Windows Event Log Manipulation via Windows Event Viewer
- Initial Attack Analysis
- Lab: Host Data Integrity Baselining
- Incident Escalation Reporting
- Lab: Performing Network Packet Analysis
- Change Implementation Escalation
- Defined Response Plan Execution
- Lab: Incident Detection and Identification
- Network Isolation
- Lab: Remove Trojan
- Disable User Accounts
- Lab: Block Incoming Traffic on Known Port
- Blocking Traffic
- Lab: Implement Single System Changes in Firewall
- Lab: Conduct Supplemental Monitoring
- Incident Report
- Lab: Create Custom Snort Rules
- Industry Best Practices
- Lab: Comprehensive Lab Response
- Disaster Recovery and BC Plans
- Lab: Patches and Updates
- Cyber System Restoration
- Lab: Data Backup and Recovery
- Data Backup and Restoration Key Concepts
- Lab: Recovering Data and Data Integrity Checks
- Actualizing Data Backups and Recovery
- Post Incident Service Restoration
- Implementing Patches and Updates
- Ensuring Data Integrity
- Post-Incident Review
Back to Top
This boot camp class prepares the student for the certification exam and on the path of getting certified.
Benefits of Certification
For IT professionals, certification is a third party validation of your skills, that helps distinguish you from your peers. Beyond demonstrating a level of competency and proficiency, certification proves that you are committed to your cause and that you've invested the time and money to prove it. Holding a certification also makes you a more valuable employee, and often results in raises, promotions, and a better career.
For organizations, certifications identify the credentials that can be used to hire the right employee. Having certified employees also increases sales for the organization by proving to prospective clients that the organization has the skills to support its claims.
Back to Top
We take care of all logistics for you, so you can concentrate on learning, acquiring skills and getting certified. We provide instructors, books, computer equipment and software in a comfortable learning environment for most training.
For the ultimate and complete, all inclusive learning experience, please see our Las Vegas Boot Camp Experience.
Back to Top
We ensure your success by asking all
students to take a FREE Skill Assessment test.
These short, instructor-written tests are an objective measure of your current skills that help us determine whether or not you will be able to meet your goals by attending this course at your current skill level. If we determine that you need additional preparation or training in order to gain the most value from this course, we will recommend cost-effective solutions that you can use to get ready for the course.
Our required skill-assessments ensure that:
- All students in the class are at a comparable skill level, so the class can run smoothly without beginners slowing down the class for everyone else.
- NetCom students enjoy one of the industry's highest success rates, and pass rates when a certification exam is involved.
- We stay committed to providing you real value. Again, your success is paramount; we will register you only if you have the skills to succeed.
This assessment is for your benefit and best taken without any preparation or reference materials, so your skills can be objectively measured.
Take your FREE Skill Assessment test »
Back to Top
- Academic and corporate trainer with over 2000 hours of instruction delivered on security awareness, CISSP, Security+, Safety, core Microsoft courses, MS Exchange and MS ISA server.
- Conducted over 200 security reviews in support of financial audits, policy reviews and network vulnerability assessments.
- Bachelors Degree in Security Management with a Concentration in Information Security from American Military University along with CISSP, CAP and several CompTIA, Microsoft, ISACA certifications.
Donald is a security professional with a wide range of experience from physical security to a concentration in information security. He is the Information Systems & Security Director for a consulting firm. His clients include local municipalities, non-profits, corporations and federal government agencies, specializing in a wide array of compliance programs and security assessments such as PCI DSS, FISMA, COBIT and ISO17799.
Donald is also a trainer and speaker on security topics and has served on various advisory committees and as a subject matter expert in information technology and security. He has over 15 years of experience in the security field as well as more than 2000 hours of instruction delivered on security awareness, CISSP, Security+, Safety, core Microsoft courses and MS ISA server. In addition to that, Donald is the President and Chairmen for the Brentwood Veterans Memorial Building and Commandant for the Delta Diablo Det. 1155 Marine Corps League.
- Over 32 years of experience as well as 18 certifications, including Cisco, CompTIA, and Microsoft.
- Strong background, with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us.
- Specialist in applying process and finding solutions to solve them in addition to training people in the skills to manage the process and meet goals.
Jayson is a talented and valued Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) with over 32 years of IT experience. Along with web development & design of infrastructure for companies such as AT&T, Sports Illustrated, and Toys R Us, he holds several IT certifications. He is a CCDA, CCNA, Security+ certified, MCDBA, and MCSE to name a few.
Jayson's focus is on finding solutions to problems and applying process to solve them. He instructs professionals in the skills to manage the process and meet goals, which makes him a respected trainer at NetCom Learning.
- More than 14 years of experience as a Security Subject Matter Expert as well as black belt in a variety of martial arts.
- Numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command.
- Much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Larry is a unique instructor and IT security expert. If you sit in one of his classes you might get the feeling of being in a martial arts class - That's exactly how Larry wants it! "The principles behind IT security are the same as those in a variety of martial arts," Larry says. In addition to teaching IT security for over 14 years, he has practiced martial arts since he was 13 years old and holds black belts in multiple disciplines including Tai Chi, Kung Fu, and Kick Boxing. "All of these techniques are like tools for different types of attacks," Larry explains.
Larry's excellence in certification training and passion for IT security has earned him numerous Challenge Coins from the US Government including the US Army, and the Criminal Investigation Command. He is also a much acclaimed instructor at NetCom Learning, with evaluation scores of 8.8 out of 9.
Back to Top
May 13 2014
I found the class to be very informative and exam orientated. The instructor offered many help tips.
» COBIT Foundation
» COBIT 5 Foundation
Nov 30 2012
Larry was very good and helped with my understanding of the material. The training will help with my CISM certification.. The material will assist with my professional development.
» CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
Nov 01 2012
High level of personnel and teaching materials.
- John B.
» CISA - Certified Information Systems Auditor
More testimonials »
Back to Top
Our customers come first. Awards come second, naturally.
As a recognition for training excellence, NetCom Learning was chosen by Microsoft as the 2013 Learning Partner finalist and 2007 Worldwide Learning Solutions Partner of the Year out of more than 1400 training companies globally.
In addition, we have won numerous other training awards for quality and customer satisfaction by CompTIA, EC-Council and other vendors. We are simply passionate about learning and achieving the highest customer satisfaction in your learning experience!
See our list of awards.
Why choose ISACA Training at NetCom Learning?
NetCom Learning provides Authorized Training
NetCom Learning is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS), Cisco Learning Partner, CompTIA Platinum Partner, EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Adobe Authorized Training Center, Autodesk Authorized Training Center and many others. We are proud to offer the highest quality, authorized training solutions from our many partners for our customers.
See our comprehensive list of partner authorizations.
Back to Top
Contact us to customize this class with your own dates, times and location. You can also call 1-888-563-8266 or chat live with a Learning Consultant.
Back to Top