Video Journalist/Anchor (Freelance)
- Home »
- Jobs »
- Video Journalist/Anchor (Freelance)
About NetCom Learning:
NetCom Learning is an innovative leader in IT, business and executive training to companies, individuals, and government agencies. Since its inception in 1998, NetCom Learning has trained over 80 percent of the Fortune 100, serviced over 45,500 business customers, and advanced the skills of more than 71,000 professionals through hands-on, expert-led training, with the organization maintaining an average instructor evaluation score of 8.6 out of 9. NetCom Learning was recognized by Microsoft Corporation as its Worldwide Training Partner of the Year and named thrice to Inc. Magazine's list of fastest growing private companies in America. The organization was also recently named to the 2012 and 2013 Top 20 IT Training Companies by TrainingIndustry.com and was named "Company of the Year" by the American Business Awards.
Build your media portfolio! We are looking for freelance video journalists/ Anchor who can interview business and professional leaders (www.sardertv.com). This is an incredible opportunities who want to tell the world's most important stories, get paid, and reach large audiences.
- Responsible for the production and reporting of our learning from CXOs/Experts/Authors filmed interviews.
- Oversees aspect of researching, infogathering, production and editing of stories.
- Interacts with other producer, editor, and technical staff in the process of taking stories from conception to air.
- Writes, edits and presents stories on the air in a clear and concise fashion.
- Anchors, produces, researches, and edits interview casts and stories.
- Develops ideas for interviews.
- Interviews guests.
- Prepares interviews for production.
- Presents organized understandable, topical and attention-grabbing newscasts and programming.
- Reviews content of stories and checks for errors of fact, technical errors, creative content, miscues, editorial mistakes and all elements needed to deliver quality programming.
- Critiques shows to find ways to improve them. Writes up daily notes on problems and what could have been done differently.
- Writes and edits interviews, teases, scripts, etc. for interview shows.
- Copy edits scripts and reviews the final edited version of taped interviews.
- Planning, Coordinating, Scheduling.
- Schedules shoots, guest bookings.
- Ensures that all necessary elements in packages and newscasts are delivered in a timely fashion.
- Evaluates resources needed for adequate coverage.
- Plans major coverage as to not interrupt daily news coverage.
- Sets quality standards.
- Ensures that quality work is produced.
- Gives feedback and assistance to staff for improvement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College degree in Radio/Television or Journalism.
- Two years experience as a Reporter or Anchor/Reporter
- Must have good writing skills and excellent communication skills and work well with others.
- Ability to work well under deadline pressures.
- Occasionally represents station at other events.
Depends on qualifications and experience. Please include your expected salary on your resume.
- Please send your cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio/samples/case studies to email@example.com with the specific job position of in the email subject.
Learn About Us: