LAMP Developer (Linux Expert)
- Home »
- Jobs »
- LAMP Developer (Linux Expert)
NetCom Learning is seeking a LAMP stack developer with multi-disciplined skillset and will be responsible for all aspects of the system including administration, upgrades, code customizations, and developing integrations with third party web-based systems. Additionally, will have the opportunity to manage, influence, and develop other IT systems to support and scale the business.
If you are results-driven, enjoy working across the IT stack, and are looking to move your career to the next level, this opportunity is for you.
We want someone who:
- Has bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Has experience administering Linux systems
- Has experience with Apache web server
- Has experience with Microsoft Azure
- Has strong organizational and written communication skills
- Is passionate about learning
- Is driven by an unknown force to change learning experience for the better
- Serve as the primary systems administrator for Linux servers and services.
- Monitor system performance and utilization
- Install, configure, and document new servers and applications
- Maintain and audit user accounts
- Manage fileserver utilization (shared folders, quotas, etc.)
- Maintain servers and system security
- Track vulnerabilities and apply appropriate patches and upgrades
- Generate statistics for operational review and planning
- Manage backup process and perform data recoveries as needed.
- Work with the Systems Team on security audit processes for all systems.
- Hands on experience on Microsoft Azure Operations
- Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP / Python Administration
- Packaging and installation of custom RPM packages on Linux.
- Automation of routine tasks with scripting.
- Monitor and test system Health and provide statistics and reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within fast-paced, leading edge database/applications.
- Perform performance trend analysis and manage the server/network capacity.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as LAMP developer
- Hands on experience on performance tuning of web servers.
- Should have solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Python)
- Should have experience in installation and managed SQL Server.
- Expert level understanding of Azure services offered by Microsoft and configuring Azure services and Azure market place services
- Provided architectural guidance for Azure solutions
- Should have expertise in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments
- Expert in managing and maintaining of Linux based infrastructure, operating system and application version upgrades, troubleshooting.
- LAMP Administration experience is must
- Experience with SVN / GIT is must.
- Excellent communication skills required.
- Previous experience with eLearning company is plus
Depends on qualifications and experience. Please include your expected salary on your resume.
- Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include salary history / expectations as well as mention in the subject line.
- You can also fax your resume and cover letter to .
- NOTE: Applications without both cover letter and salary history / expectations will not be considered.
Learn about us: