IT Technical Support – NYC Office
- Home »
- Jobs »
- IT Technical Support – NYC Office
NetCom Learning is a Managed Learning Service Company focusing on IT & Business Skills training. We help build innovative learning organizations in the workplace by structuring a smarter workforce, supporting learning changes, and driving learning growth. Since 1998 we have been empowering organizations to reach optimal performance results and address challenges by managing all aspects of organizational learning.
We are expanding our IT department with a newly created position of IT Technical Support – NYC Office.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues.
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports.
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Setting up new users' accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent people skills and excellent telephone manner.
- Competency in diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving system and network related issues on servers, desktops, peripherals and related equipment. Wide experience with a variety of systems and environments.
- Ability to concisely describe or summarize a problem and steps taken to diagnose and resolve it, in writing.
- Ability to determine best practices and routines for various technical implementations and maintenance.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and use new types of information.
- Personal responsibility and reliability, Self-motivated, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Persistence to see a problem through to its resolution, and ability to research possible solutions when encountering resistance.
- Multitask and move between complicated issues. Ability to remain calm and perform under pressure.
- Adaptable to a continually changing and growing work environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing computer and network support and one industry certification.
- Strong hands-on/practical experience with the Windows Server family 2003/2008/2012, all versions Including SBS. Intimate knowledge of all current Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems.
- Proficient in Office Suite 2007/2010/2013/2016.
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experience with Office 365 is a plus.
- Experience with network firewall and routing equipment. Understanding of VLANs, routing, QOS, VPN tunnels is a plus.
- Experience with VOIP is a plus. (Troubleshooting and installation).
- Mac / Linux experience a plus.
- Industry Standard certifications a plus, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE.
- Strong hands-on/practical experience with various virtualization technologies, VMware, Hyper-V, Virtual Box etc.
- Experience with Cloud technologies, Azure, AWS etc is a plus.
- Proficient working in complex remote environments, Remote Sessions with multiple Virtual Machines.
Depends on qualifications and experience. Please include your expected salary on your resume.
- Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific job position of in the email subject.
Learn About Us: